Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Communications and Community Engagement Intern
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The communications and Community Engagement Intern will assist the communications and community engagement teams to implement effective risk communications efforts (in the context of COVID19); community engagement efforts; effective communications—including by leveraging events such as World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day.
Community Engagement/Risk Communication:
- In the context of COVID19, support IFRC’s community mobilization efforts through the drafting of risk communications factsheets.
- Assist in the drafting of risk communication video scripts.
- Assist in the drafting of the CEA newsletter.
Communications and World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Project management: Conduct an evaluation of the communications capacities of National Societies in the Africa region.
- Administrative work: support the administrative tasks of the communications department.
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day: act as a regional focal point for the organization of World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day, to be marked on 8 May 2021
Support the communications department in its research, fundraising, planning, monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- University level education (2 – 4 years) in community development – Required
- Strong presentation skills
- Good writing skills
- Data analysis
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural and social context
- Self-supporting in computer skills
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Accountability-Commitment to the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and its values;
- Diversity-Cultural sensitivity and appreciation of diversity;
- Integrity-High standard of integrity and personal conduct;
- Professionalism-Flexibility and Adaptability, Resilience and patience Collaboration:
- Building trust;
- Empowering others;
- National Society relations;
- Teamwork-Excellent team member, monitoring and supervision skills
- Innovation-Take initiative and forges direction;
- Judgement Decision-making;
- Managing performance-Analytical and practical Leadership:
- Building alliances;
- Inspiration-Ability to inspire, lead and motivate; Strategic orientation
To apply, click on APPLY The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.