Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As part of the WV East Africa Region family, the position holder promotes World Vision’s Christian values through its work in teams and with people from various backgrounds.
In addition this role provides administrative support to Regional Resource Development Unit, Regional Advocacy and Campaigns Unit and Regional Communications Unit.
For assigned Regional post, the Resource and Development Officer (RDO) will provide program development, grant management, and resource acquisition with high standards of appropriateness, timeliness, and effectiveness. The position will complete the aforementioned tasks in both the Resource Development Unit and Integrated Programs & Strategy (IP&S).
The RDO serves as the partner/donor external engagement focal point in the region by serving as the lead Proposal Pro facilitator, tracks and assesses external engagement by East Africa Regional Office (EARO) and National Offices (NO) staff, and develops external engagement material in coordination with Communications Department and IP&S. The RDO will manage and track all risk assessment for grant approvals above US$1 million, track all funding opportunities and ensure that Go/No Go decision are clearly documented. The RDO will lead in collecting and disseminating Best Practices and Lessons Learned in grant management and resource acquisition. The RDO will chair the Annual EAR (Grants Acquisition and Management (GAM) Hub Meeting by surveying priorities from staff of National Offices, Regional Offices, and Global Center, assessing the results, and identifying key staff throughout the World Vision partnership to address the various issues.
The RDO will provide specified support to Integrated Programs and Strategy by serving as a liaison between GAM and Technical Advisors to ensure the shared initiatives of both departments are harmonized to advance acquisition and management targets.
As part of the WV EAR family, the position holder promotes World Vision’s Christian values through its work in teams and with people from various backgrounds.
25% Resource Acquisition and Grant Management
- Manage and track all funding opportunities shared with NOs by RO, SO, GC and donors and ensure this is part of the donor landscape analysis for the Region
- Manage and update the Donor/Partner Engagement Plan by Technical Advisors and GAM Unit
- Track and monitor external engagement in EAR and disseminate to NO, RO, and SO staff to ensure strong donor/partner relations and strategy alignment and increased resources
- In collaboration with Technical Advisors and Communications Department, maintain up-to-date capacity statements for external stakeholders that can be presented at short notice.
- Coordinate with EAR Grant Finance to support in effective and reliable monitoring and management of development, emergency and rehabilitative programs.
- Review and provide support to proposal development in the region and the National Offices.
20% Capacity Building Facilitator and Coordinator
- Enroll selected NO staff to the Proposal Pro online Training and produce NO staff status and performance reports by tracking Proposal Pro module completion
- Plan, Coordinate & Facilitate Proposal Pro face to face workshop in NOs that have completed the online modules
- Follow up on a quarterly basis using the blended learning approach and ensure that NO Proposal Pro participants are utilizing the training skills in developing proposals, donor engagement and budgeting and ensure certification of participants after writing the required number of proposals.
- Identify gaps in the NOs and any Grant related training needs that they may have through constant communication with the GAM Leads and identify experts to address the needs NOs require
20% Risk Mitigation and Risk Assessment
- Review the risk assessment for grant approval forms submitted by NOs to ensure risks are well articulated, staff qualifications and experience are well document, mitigation strategies are clearly outlined, risks are correctly ranked as low, medium, high and ensure RO sign off by RDU, relevant LC, Regional Finance, Regional Leader and Global Field Operations
- Ensure that all risk assessment for grant approval above US$1 million are reviewed and signed by RO and Global Field Operations
- Manage and track all No-Go decision that are taken by NO & RO and produce a trend analysis on a quarterly basis showing value of opportunities not pursued by each NO, donors, and the reasons for the no-go decision. Share this information with NOs to ensure that they conduct post no-go reviews to inform their future go/no-go for similar opportunities.
- Conduct a quarterly analysis against the RAF’s submitted and produce a report
15% Administrative Responsibilities
- Administrative support to Regional Communications, Resource Development, Advocacy and campaigns Directors
- Coordinate and plan for team meetings and conferences (f2f and online);
- Support team members to make travel arrangements;
- Coordinate and plan for Webex meetings for the departments as they arise;
- Coordinate and consolidate the team inputs for monthly and quarterly reports
10% EAR GAM Hub Coordinator
- Survey NOs, RO, and SOs to attain their priorities, assess the results, identify key experts throughout the partnership to address their concerns, and coordinate development of the agenda
- Coordinate logistics and accommodation of local and international attendees the Come up with the Agenda for the meeting in collaboration with the RDU Team
- Develop a GAM HUB Report and Action Plan to disseminate to all stakeholders
5% EAR GAM Databases
- Manage EAR Regional GAM database on WV Central and ensure information is updated on a quarterly basis.
- Regularly inform NO GAM Teams regarding new information and circulate the relevant link on a regular basis for easy access and reference for NO staff
- Collect key best practices related to GAM process from National Office and ensure that there are posted into the database and shared during the GAM Hub meetings.
- Circulate best practice information and documents from Global GAM CoP to NOs & SOs for institutional learning as part of the GAM Hub
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Resource Development Director
- Attend and participate in devotional meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Educational level required: Bachelor Degree.
- Experience in establishing and managing a database or capable of managing a database.
- Experience in working with, coordinating and supporting National Offices.
- Excellent English languages skills; written and verbal.
- Demonstrated writing skills and working with excel spreadsheets.
- Innovative and the ability to think outside of the box.
- Team player; the ability to work as part of a diverse team to achieve the overall goal.
Other essential qualifications
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Culturally sensitive in professional and personal life
- Work environment: Nairobi. Office-based with frequent travel to National offices and support offices
- Travel: minimum of 35% International travel is required for Proposal Pro face-to-face training for NOs
The Position closes on 2nd March 2021