Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan Education Services, Kenya is currently seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for AKES, Kenya, which operates 5 schools across Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret. The CEO will be responsible for leading day to day operations and a focus on continuous development and improvement of the current schools to ensure a values based 21st Century relevant education for Aga Khan Students.
To be the successful candidate, you will be a visionary and dynamic leader. You will demonstrate entrepreneurial instinct and have an extensive knowledge of contemporary developments in the global education arena. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as cultural awareness and sensitivity, along withsubstantial senior leadership experience, preferably within education organisations.
The role of the CEO is to:
Policy and Strategy
- Champion and provide leadership in rolling out the strategy set by the AKES Head Office (HO) and Board of Directors of AKES, Kenya.
- Create a five year operating plan with key milestone linked to the strategy, the impact of the COVID pandemic (or other such crises) and annual operating budgets.
- Based on a clear understanding of AKES’s portfolio and market intelligence, and also assessing requirements and regulations for delivering education during the COVID pandemic, consult and make recommendations to the Board and AKES HO, on policy, programmes, resource allocation and management.
- Promote an organisational culture and ethos that reflects the values of AKES and AKDN and fosters effective performance, high motivation and positive outcomes for the students and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that AKES Kenya’s operations are managed in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Create and maintain procedures for implementing plans which have been approved by the AKES HO and the Board.
- Communicate and disseminate information, as necessary, to ensure that the Board, senior leaders and staff throughout the organisation are fully informed and able to carry out their work effectively.
- Ensure that the physical facilities – schools, offices and faculty housing are safe and well maintained.
- Collect, analyse and evaluate relevant data to inform sound decision making and measuring the progress and impact of AKES Kenya’s strategy and programmes.
- Facilitate the recruitment, development and retention of the highest quality staff.
- Foster a culture of continued learning and development.
- Develop future leaders and opportunities for succession planning within the organisation.
- Ensure that sound policies, processes and documentation are created and maintained with the aim of creating a positive working environment for all AKES staff.
- Direct the development of AKES Kenya’s annual budgets based on sound and informed knowledge, in line with agreed strategic and operating plans, solid performance data and market intelligence, including the impact of the pandemic.
- Prudently manage AKES Kenya’s resources within budget guidelines according to relevant laws and regulations.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and representative for AKES Kenya. Ensure that AKES Kenya’s mission, programmes and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Foster strong key stakeholder relationships, especially those with parents and the wider community.
- Foster positive relationships with AKDN agencies in Kenya and other East African countries.
- Foster positive relationships with the international donor community and the Government of Kenya in collaboration with the Aga Khan Foundation and the AKDN Diplomatic Office.
Essential criteria for the role:
- Qualified to post-graduate level, in business administration and/or education management/leadership.
- Substantial senior leadership experience at a strategic level, and significant experience leading an education organisation with multiple schools.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the international education sector and international curricula as well as national curricula.
- Demonstrable experience and success in managing operations, financial and human resources.
- Experience of change leadership and management.
- Demonstrable experience of cultural awareness, understanding and sensitivity.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be/have
- Passionate about delivering high quality services to children and their families.
- Advocate for diversity, pluralism and the unique place and contribution every individual makes to the community.
- An individual who demonstrates a real sense of professionalism, commitment and integrity.
- High level networking and negotiating skills.
- Ability to develop relationships, build trust and command respect.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and adaptable to changing circumstances and open to new ideas.
- Enthusiastic and reliable with personal impact and presence.
- Inquisitive and able to think creatively, solve problems and make decisions based on sound judgment, drawing on expertise from others.
Job Expires: 12-Mar-2021