Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS Institute Ltd. is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of HIV Testing Services (HTS) Counsellor to operate in Machakos, Makueni and Kitui Counties.
Overall Job Summary
Reporting to the Clinical Officer/ site in charge, the HTS Counsellor will be responsible for the provision of HIV testing, counselling for Key Populations (KP) and linkage of HIV positive KP to care and treatment. In addition, s/he will oversee quality of implementation of HIV testing and counselling services as well as accurate documentation.
- Ensure quality HIV Testing Services (HTS) are provided as per the National Algorithm
- Offer first adherence counselling services to newly positive clients before referral to care and treatment
- Ensure monthly forecasting, quantification and reporting of Rapid Test Kits (RTKs) and HIV self-testing kits is done according to the guidelines and raise a one-month early warning alert for expected RTK shortage
- Support and spearhead promotion of HTS services and innovations aimed at increasing access to HTS service provision e.g. Social Network testing (SNS) and Assisted partner notification services (aPNS)
- Participate in EQA activities (proficiency testing and observed practice) documentation and availability at facility level
- Support the M&E framework (maintenance of HTS registers and wall charts) to ensure accurate data entry and timely reporting
- Promote HTS services among clients who visit the hotspots and DiCEs by giving health talks and by using IEC materials
- Conduct targeted outreaches.
- Diploma in relevant Social Sciences, two-week NASCOP Counsellor’s Certificate
- A degree in public health, social sciences or related disciplines will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer packages like MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Data analysis and interpretation skills
- Working knowledge of the DHIS2 reporting platform
- Three years’ experience in HTS in a busy facility, training in counselling supervision is an added advantage.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV as one document stating the current and expected salary, contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the subject title: CHS INSTITUTE/HR/HTS/001/2021, by 5.00 PM February 26, 2021.
CHS Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.