Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to : Transport Officer
Job Grade : KLDC 9
No of Posts : 03
Job Ref : KLDC/010/2021
Job Purpose: The ideal candidate will be responsible for provision of reliable and secure driving services and proper use of vehicle.
- Driving vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel and/or goods;
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- Carrying out checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure and other related routine checks;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of work ticket;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, first aid kit, necessary spare parts;
- Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must: –
- Have a minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ or its equivalent;
- Have a valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle;
- Have passed an Occupational Trade Test I/II/III for Drivers;
- Have a Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Must have attended a refresher course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience;
- Proficiency in computer applications is an added advantage;
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they mist obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates Profile Form indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to email@example.com attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID.
Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University, so as to reach not later than 5.00 pm, on Tuesdays 2nd March, 2021.
Kenya Leather Development Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, Youth, Persons living with disabilities and those from marginalized communities and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.