Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to : Principal Internal Auditor
Job Grade : KLDC 6
No of Posts : 01 Job
Ref : KLDC/005/2021
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting in provision of reports on the effectiveness of the management of key corporate risks and frauds; internal controls; interrogating and analyzing key Council financial and systems, and identifying potential areas of concern thus providing assurance on the management of high risk/cost and sensitive areas; ascertain the Council’s compliance with the relevant Internal Audit statutes, policies, administrative government circulars and guidelines.
- Preparing draft audit test procedures, draft notifications and request for information Memos;
- Carrying out audit tests on internal controls in accounting, administration and operational procedures;
- (Ensuring that the audit working and paper files are complete and well referenced.
- Reviewing prepared audit test procedures, drafts notifications and request for information Memos;
- Preparing draft audit reports;
- Preparing draft risk based audit plans, programmes and schedules; and
- Examining and evaluating the Council’s internal controls to ascertain their adequacy and make recommendations for improvement.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must: –
- Have a Bachelors Degree in Business Management (Accounting or Finance option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Be in possession of any of the following:- CPA (K), CISA, CFE, CIA or equivalent qualifications;
- (Have a minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience;
- Be a member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) and/or Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya);
- Be proficient in computer applications; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they mist obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates Profile Form indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID.
Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University, so as to reach not later than 5.00 pm, on Tuesdays 2nd March, 2021.
Kenya Leather Development Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, Youth, Persons living with disabilities and those from marginalized communities and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.