Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Job Grade : KLDC 4
No of Posts : 01
Job Ref : KLDC/001/2021
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and management of corporate strategy, developing, implementing and reviewing the roadmap for Council’s Programmes, coordinating and formulating the Council’s development budgets, policies and programmes; Coordinating Monitoring and Evaluation of the Council’s policies, programmes and projects; Coordinating overall performance management of the Council; Coordinating sector priorities setting including policy documents for the National Development Plans; Coordinating and developing working linkages between technical directorate and support services in the Council; Coordinating risk management in the Council; Coordinating research programmes in the Council; and Coordinating the development of the Council’s master plan and Strategic plan.
- Oversee the development, implementation and review of the organization’s strategic objectives, goals and targets;
- Coordinate the development, implementation and review of Council’s master plan, corporate strategic plans, objectives, strategies, budgets and policies;
- Coordinating the development and implementation of departmental annual business plans, Programs and Policies;
- Coordinate preparation of annual corporate and departmental performance contracts;
- Coordinate the Council’s performance contract process and liaise with the National Performance Contracting Coordination Office and relevant agencies;
- Overseeing the development, implementation and review of organization’s management systems such as risk framework, quality assurance framework (ISO) and Information Security Management System (ISMS);
- Monitoring, Evaluating, Reporting and Advising the Council on strategic direction and highlighting strategic drifts;
- Carry out market surveys to identify emerging areas of leather regulation;
- Guiding on the Council’s transformative agenda; and
- Coordinate the preparation of monitoring and evaluation policies and strategies.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must: –
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been at the level of senior officer;
- Have Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Project Management, Governance, Public Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Project Management, Governance, Public Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Certificate in Management Course ;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution ; and
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they mist obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates Profile Form indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID.
Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University, so as to reach not later than 5.00 pm, on Tuesdays 2nd March, 2021.
Kenya Leather Development Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, Youth, Persons living with disabilities and those from marginalized communities and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.