Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to : Director Corporate Services
Job Grade : KLDC 5
No of Posts : 01
Job Ref : KLDC/003/2021
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the public relations, building and sustaining the Council’s reputation for quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction by strategizing communication plans based on the essence of a brand with a strong focus on media management aiming to create focused visibility and awareness.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for corporate communications department;
- Drive corporate strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies;
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations;
- Determine communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization;
- Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and business strategy;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure proper dissemination of information;
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities;
- Planning and executing the Council’s participation in key corporate events;
- Developing web content and updating the website;
- Preparing and producing reports and other publications;
- Identifying and recommending branding and publicity opportunities for the Council;
- Establish a knowledge management system to facilitate continuity at each level of the corporate communications department; and
- Develop delivery and packaging plans for corporate messages including Council’s mission, vision and corporate values.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must: –
- Have a Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: Journalism, Mass Communications, Public Relations or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience;
- Have extensive public relations experience;
- Have experience in media, communications or journalism, corporate affairs and media management;
- Have knowledge of branding principles and tactics;
- Have sound written and verbal communications skills;
- Be an expert in strategic and proactive leadership;
- Possess creative and visionary leadership skills;
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Possess proven ability to design, develop and implement both communications and strategic programs and supporting tactics;
- Be a member of a professional body;
- Be proficient in computer applications including knowledge in desktop publishing;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they mist obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates Profile Form indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID.
Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University, so as to reach not later than 5.00 pm, on Tuesdays 2nd March, 2021.
Kenya Leather Development Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, Youth, Persons living with disabilities and those from marginalized communities and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.