Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Responsible for (Purpose of the job).
- Coordinating Case Review Forums, oversee preparation of Comprehensive Information Pack (CIP) for facilitators, co-ordinate CTDR administrative operations, revenue related activities, preparing policy briefs, strategies and evaluation of ADR initiatives undertaken. Facilitating simple tax disputes.
Tasks and outputs:
- To ensure compliance with SLA’s;
- Participate in case review forums;
- Determine suitability of tax disputes for ADR;
- Participate in development of Comprehensive Information Packs (CIP) for facilitators;
- Participate in the implementation of Dispute Management and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) initiatives;
- Develop and managing an effective feedback mechanism for tracking ADR initiatives;
- Co-ordinate and manage tax disputes;
- Participating and coming up with strategies for stakeholder engagement (both internal and external);
- Preparing/review policy briefs and reports;
- Preparing strategic and operational reports for the division;
- Overseeing performance of Staff under his supervision;
- Participate in sensitization of stakeholders on ADR strategies employed by KRA;
- Maintain databases for disputes handled at ADR and other reports;
- Monitoring of general performance targets for the Division;
- Assist in the Administration, monitoring and compliance function of the division.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce; Finance or Accounting, Economics, Statistics & Law
- Must have undertaken 20-hour training on mediation skills;
- A member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Management and Governance courses.
- A Master’s Degree and CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
- A good understanding of Revenue Statues and International Taxation;
- Exposure to disputes management, resolution and mediation skills.
Minimum years of experience
- Five (5) years’ experience in dispute resolution practice, two (2) of which should be in a entry level management position in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th March 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)