Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Farm Supervisor (Siaya) at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT)
Purpose of the position
Keep the demonstration plot as a Centre of Excellence and undertake demonstrations and training to RTRC students, community members and other visiting parties at the plot. Take part in training of the students and the community in agroforestry ventures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in RWMT beekeeping activities and value addition processes.
- Ensure that the demonstration plots at the project site are in a presentable state and serve as an example of what should be practiced in the community.
- Assist in ensuring the use of organic farming methods in the maintenance and management of the gardens.
- Ensure that the demonstration plot is a profitable venture.
- Provide overall guidance, mentoring and supervision to Agroforestry staff to ensure successful implementation of Agroforestry activities and targets.
- Come up with work plans for Agroforestry staff and follow up to ensure that they are achieved.
- Put forward new ideas and/or recommendations for improvement of the agroforestry project.
- Ensure that Agroforestry productions are done in a cost effective manner.
- Ensure enhanced access to markets both locally and beyond for Agroforestry products.
- Diversify and initiate agricultural ventures that are profitable
- Carry out Curriculum Development for RTRC students undertaking sustainable organic Agriculture.
- Develop lesson plans for sustainable organic Agriculture training.
- Provide counseling to the students, address their disciplinary issues and assist in Conflict Resolution amongst them.
- Facilitate internal examinations for sustainable organic Agriculture.
- Ensure Training and Resource Center rules and regulations are clearly communicated to the students and are adhered to.
- Ensure the students participate in all relevant RWMT activities.
- Provide quality and timely delivery of the reports, in their agreed format and deadlines.
- Advice the Management of any key developments forums and any other networks which may serve to the advantage of RWMT and its ability to achieve its overall objectives.
- Interpret and implement government policies that affect the activities of the Agroforestry project.
- Ensure that Agroforestry casual staff are rotated and substituted appropriately.
- Take part in the process of wage preparation for the Agroforestry casuals.
- Review the projects operational budgets in conjunction with the projects team, Supervisor and relevant Finance staff.
- Maintain follow-up and feedback system to ensure efficient processes.
- Actively maintain the internal referral system to ensure beneficiaries are provided with maximum support from the organization’s various expertise.
- Ensure all inventory items issued to the department are maintained in good condition and are stored neatly and in a secured room.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Supervisor and management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
Knowledge, abilities and skills.
- Level of education: Diploma in Agriculture
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications: Agro-forestry, Agri-business
- Requires good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with beneficiaries, Local Community Members, students and staff.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Should possess strong communication, negotiation and administration skills.
- Must have a valid Motorbike license and be able to ride the motorbike.
At least three (3) years’ experience.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email the following to email@example.com by 24th February 2021.
(1) Cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.