Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Community Oral Health Officer at AIC Health Ministries.
AIC Health Ministries invites applications from experienced persons to fill the position community Oral health officer.
The job holder is expected to do diagnose, examine and manage dental patients at AICHM Naregae/Nalemsekon health center in Turkana West Sub-County. Her/his job is also to strengthen provision of primary Health Care activities.
Report to: Medical officer
Duties and responsibilities:
• Do oral health examination on patients.
• Assess dental conditions and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring
• Analyse x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
• Diagnosis and treatment of dental conditions
• Perform “pain free” dental procedures and provide patients with quality experience during dental procedures
• Manage the dental equipment in the dental unit and report any breakages to the team leader, Inventory management of equipment and supplies at the dental unit, including preparing orders as needed to avoid stock outs.
• Offer counseling to patients who require reassurance.
• Conducting community mobilization and sensitization on dental services
• Writing Weekly/Monthly statistics and narrative reports (proper documentation)
• Implement and adhere to infection prevention protocols including autoclaving instruments after use, cleaning the dental procedure’s space and storage of the clean instruments.
• Maintain a record of day to day activities of the dental unit and prepare regular reports as needed.
• Conduct Health education on Community oral hygiene and related activities through community health Volunteers
• Conduct referral of patients in need of specialized oral health or dental services.
• Ordering dental materials, equipment and instruments for use at the clinic.
• Perform any other duty delegated by the supervisor.
Requirements for the COHO
I. Diploma in Community oral health or equivalent from a reputable institution.
II. Valid practicing certificate/license.
III. Proven work 2 years relevant clinical experience in a similar role from a reputable and busy facility.
IV. Register by Community Oral Health Association of Kenya under Kenya medical practitioners’ pharmacists and dentist’s union (KMPDU).
V. Computer literate
VI. Ability to work independently while prioritizing tasks
Knowledge, Skill and abilities
• Knowledge of oral health and practice
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible, emotional maturity and physical stamina
• Ability to lead a team, to initiate activities, delegate, manage and contribute to a team building environment
• Ability to maintain performance expectation in diverse clinical and non-clinical teams, psychologically stressful environments and physically hardship conditions with limited resources.
• Commitment to the Health Sector. Vision and mission, core values statement and code of conduct
• Knowledge and Practice of universal infection prevention standards
Applicants should include a cover letter, detailed CV detailing work history and current responsibilities, salary history, educational certificates, and three referees. Only individuals who meet the above-mentioned qualifications will be considered.
Please send your application to:
The Executive Director,
AIC Health Ministries,
NOT later than 23rd February 2021 Applications can also be sent through Email: email@example.com