Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit www.amref.org
Amref Enterprises Limited (AEL) is the social enterprise arm of Amref Health Africa that is responsible for delivering sustainable social value through incubation and commercialization of innovative solutions conceptualized and developed throughout the organization. Among the various programs for AEL is the Innovative Partnership for Universal Sustainable Healthcare (iPUSH). This is a UHC flagship model that leverages on mobile technology to increase access to quality health services for poor households with focus on Women of reproductive Age (WRAs).
Main purpose of the job
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will provide M&E technical expertise in the design, development and implementation of programme activities.
Key responsibilities – Technical expertise
- Take lead in the developing project indicators, M&E frameworks, logical framework analysis, and evaluation designs and data analysis.
- Coordinate programme surveys, reviews/evaluations and maintain M&E databases
- Ensure data quality standards and adherence to M&E operations procedures
- Liaise with MoH, County & Sub-county Health Teams to promote, review/ develop track and use health indicators in health system planning and identify best practices that can be translated into scale-up activities.
Key responsibilities – Tracking of programme progress
- Regular update of the Amref Information Management System (AIMS) and compliance reporting
- Design and review of programme dash boards
- Reporting Prepare regular corporate M&E progress reports and review the reporting tools
- Business Development Work with business development team to establish and implement impact evaluation frameworks to support the measurement of the impact our project delivers.
- Support development of business models
- Knowledge management Coordinate programme/project documentation and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt
- Coordinate the documentation of programme briefs and fact sheets Operational planning and execution
- Organize and facilitate quarterly, semi-annual and annual program review meetings with programme staff and partners and give feedback on M & E.
Education and knowledge
• Masters degree desirable but Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience acceptable.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Proven financial management and analytical skills including experience in managing budgets.
• Excellent writing skills with ability to write reports, articles and manuscripts
• Excellent verbal communications skills with the ability to present scientific data to lay audiences.
• Proficiency in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office.
• Public health experience in a diverse range of technical areas not limited to reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, Non-Communicable diseases and WASH.
• Ability to use data to inform decisions and an ability to synthesize and analyze data using a range of tools e.g. SPSS and Nvivo.
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workload.
• Relationship building and networking skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Creative and lateral thinking.
• Self-motivated with positive attitude.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Strong IT skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Analytical, strategic orientation and thinking.
• Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity.
• Team work, leadership and collaboration.
• Innovative approach to challenges.
• Commitment to Amref Health Africa’s mission, vision and values.
How to apply
If interested, please visit our website www.amref.org to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account successfully in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. The cover letter and CV should be in a single file that is not longer than a total of five (5) pages. Please note that you will receive an email confirmation for creation of account and an acknowledgment email upon submitting your application. Deadline for submission: 3 March 2021.