Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit http://www.amref.org Amref has been a Principal Recipient (PR) for Non-state actors for Global Fund Tuberculosis Grant since the year 2011. The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) through the January 2018 – June 2021 funding cycle is supporting the country to implement high-impact initiatives that will maximise investments to make an even greater contribution towards the vision of a world free of tuberculosis. This funding is supporting, among others, community -based tuberculosis prevention and control interventions across all counties in Kenya through sub granting eleven (36) Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and various TB/HIV activities implemented by PR across the prioritized counties.
Main purpose of the job
The purpose of this role is to plan, coordinate, monitor and report on the implementation of project activities (With emphasis on nutrition activities) while providing technical expertise and capacity building to Sub Recipients. The project assistant is also responsible for the interns including reviewing their performances.
Key Area Activities – Project Planning and coordination
- Ensure close coordination National Tuberculosis (TB) Programme, and other stakeholders to ensure Amref Health Africa Global Fund Tuberculosis project activities are well aligned with national strategies.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, ensure development of an effective nutrition monitoring and evaluation system at national to household/community level.
- Coordinate execution of nutritional support activities within the project in collaboration with National TB programme and relevant stakeholders.
Key Area Activities – Technical support
- Ensure strict adherence to eligibility criteria through regular monitoring and analysis of anthropometric data from TB clinics.
- Ensure effective management of requisitions, storage and distribution of food supplements to TB clinics.
- Ensure documentation of nutrition supplementation process, impact to the beneficiaries and success stories.
- Carry out sector specific programme database maintenance and reporting on nutritional activities and provide technical input in the review of sub recipients monthly, quarterly and annual reports and uploading the same in the Grant Management Information System (GMIS).
- Support the project team in timely identification and mitigation of programmatic risks especially those related to the nutrition component. Participate in development of donor and internal reports
Key Area Activities – Capacity Building
- Participate in capacity building activities, field visits and meetings with relevant partners and stakeholders to strengthen networks and partnerships.
- Participate in the procurement and logistics management of related equipment
- Taking lead in organizing for trainings and participating technical assistance to health care workers
Key Area Activities – Resource mobilization
- Participate in program development and resource mobilization for Amref Health Africa as assigned
- Member of the Nutrition & TB sub–Technical Working Group
- Member of the Nutrition commodity committee
- Bachelors Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or its equivalent
- Registered with relevant professional body
- At least four (4) years of relevant hands on experience in managing community based nutrition programs preferably in the TB and HIV/AIDS field
Skills & Competencies
• Must be ICT proficient
• Excellent planning and t Coordination skills
• Monitoring & Evaluation skills
• report writing & documentation skills
• Team player
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills (written & oral)
• High levels of integrity
• Negotiation skills
• Detail oriented
How to apply
Please visit our website www.amref.org to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account successfully in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Please note that you will receive an email confirmation for creation of account and an acknowledgment email upon submitting your application. Deadline for submission: 5 March 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy