Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Software Engineer Lead
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit www.amref.org
Amref Enterprises Limited is a social impact entity affiliated to Amref Health Africa. We strive to bring innovation to global health challenges. This requires us to be agile, maintain an attitude of learning and be willing to quickly change direction.
Main Purpose of the job
We now want to take it a notch higher by strengthening our engineering team to enable us to customise and build high performance and resilient digital health solutions. As such, we are searching for a Software Engineering Lead who can define, build and evolve our digital health services. In return, you will enjoy an exciting working environment that supports innovative thinking and flexible working. You would be driving the overarching software engineering strategy and setting the direction for all software engineers within the organization
What we are looking for.
- Passion for coaching other software engineers and building a strong team culture.
- Strong Software Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds continuous integration.
- History in providing Software Engineering oversight, technical leadership and setting the strategic direction across multiple
- Experience in Android programming and designing complicated secure systems from various open source projects.
- Experience of multi-tier applications with an innovative user interface based on best HCI practices.
- Understanding of the entire application stack, deep and broad knowledge of Java, and significant exposure to modern web technologies.
This is a broad cross-team role with high visibility. You will collaborate closely with multiple teams across Amref to deliver key customer solutions and the technology to support them.
- Lead design and implementation of the future architecture for highly scalable, durable, low latency digital health systems.
- Build an effective and agile development organization using industry leading best practices.
- Lead the definition of requirements, KPIs, priorities and planning of engineering deliverables.
- Mentor and grow team members.
Education and knowledge
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field;
- 8+ years of professional software development experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Expertise in design, building and operating large scale distributed systems that can sustain rapid growth
- Technical leadership, experience in high performing, agile teams
- Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
- Expertise in any modern continuous delivery systems
How to apply
If interested, please visit our website www.amref.org to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account successfully in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. The cover letter and CV should be in a single file that is not longer than a total of five (5) pages. Please note that you will receive an email confirmation for creation of account and an acknowledgment email upon submitting your application.
Deadline for submission: 26 February 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy