Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kiswahili / French Teacher at Aga Khan Education Services
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Education Services (AKES) is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world. AKES currently operates over 200 pre-primary, primary, secondary, and higher-secondary schools and programmes in diverse geographic locations in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda and the United Arab Emirates. Schools offer their respective country’s national curricula; some schools in East Africa and Bangladesh also offer international curricula (IB and British). AKES employs over 3,500 teachers and educates over 89,500 students.
The teacher will ensure the students recognize and use language as a vehicle of thought, reflection, self-expression and learning in other subjects, and as a tool for enhancing literacy. This will allow the students understand the nature of language and the process of linguistic integration, cultural and social components. The teacher should focus on effective teamwork and collaboration, use differentiation to meet the needs of the learners and the teaching and learning should be informed by formative and summative assessments
- Collaboratively plan units of study designed for maximizing learning for all students
- Deliver effective, differentiated and inquiry-based lessons in a friendly and supportive atmosphere
- Create a safe and conducive environment in which the students can learn and thrive
- Use varied, adequate assessments, including formative and summative assessment in line with the IBO requirements
- Engage parents regularly and effectively in the education of their children
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the relevant subject and modern pedagogy
- Accurately evaluate and comment on both the ability and developmental potential of each student
- Effectively communicate with students, colleagues and parents, including through email and the school information system
- Demonstrate an experience of high professional values and practices
- Show profound commitment to ongoing professional growth and to taking on responsibility for fulfilling the vision and philosophy of the Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the respective field
- TSC Certification
- 5 years of IB Middle Years’ Programme and/or IB Diploma outstanding teaching experience as well as previous Middle Years’ Programme experience.
To apply, click on APPLY Deadline is 19th March, 2021.