Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Administrative Assistant, one year term appointment.
The Medical College in East Africa is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences. The College is working with the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi, Kenya, and Aga Khan Hospital in Dar es Salaam to build a new academic community providing outstanding health professional education, building strong programmes of research supporting graduate student and postdoctoral training and providing programmes and services relevant and impactful across East Africa.
We have the distinct advantage of being part of an over one hundred year history of service to the East African community through the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) that includes a broad range of community development and healthcare delivery services across East Africa. In addition, we are transforming the quality of health care in the region via the Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi where we are building a Faculty of Health Sciences campus closely integrated with the broader health care delivery system of the AKDN.
The AKU Centre of Excellence in Women and Child Health (CoEWCH) focuses on establishing high quality education, multidisciplinary research and training programmes on women, child and adolescent health. The centre is collaborating with the Kilifi County Department of Health Services in a number of research studies as part of a larger collaboration: the Pregnancy Care Integrating Translational Science, Everywhere (PRECISE) network. These studies are establishing and following a cohort of pregnant women and their children to study the environmental, clinical, epidemiologic, socio-demographic, physical and mental health factors affecting pregnancy and pregnancy outcomes.
The position holder will be required to provide front desk and office support for the PRECISE (Pregnancy Care Integrating Translational science everywhere) and the PRECISE-DYAD (Linking maternal and infant health trajectories in sub-Saharan Africa) studies. The incumbent will support the 40+ person research team at the Kilifi sites. S/He will also be the point person in interactions with other AKU departments including the admin teams from other research projects, the purchasing and supply chain management department, the human resources department and others. S/he will be the face of the study to the larger health facility and will be required to communicate to health facility team and other stakeholders as appropriate and at all the times to display a professional attitude.
He/she will be based at the study research sites – public health facilities in Kaloleni and Rabai sub-counties in Kilifi county. The role will include some local travel between study sites and to the community.
- Provide office administrative and clerical support by drafting and typing correspondence of confidential in nature
- Support communication with other AKU departments including the admin teams from other research projects, the purchasing and supply chain management department, the human resources department and others.
- Facilitate project purchases and supplies management.
- Maintain office petty cash.
- Develop and maintain an efficient system for receiving, processing, filling and retrieving department documents and minutes for meetings.
- Manage appointment calendars including scheduling and coordinating meetings and appointments for the PI and Study Coordinator.
- Write minutes, briefing notes, and summaries for review.
- Organize for workshops, training sessions and provide supportive role during the sessions.
- Facilitate transport for team members and samples/goods shipment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- At least 3 years’ of directly related experience in administrative work.
- Proficient in the use of email, internet browser, calendar and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent communication skills and good knowledge of English, both written and oral.
- Good knowledge of spoken Swahili will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should submit a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and email contacts of three professional referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of relevant academic certificates as well as transcripts to
The Director, HR Academic, Aga Khan University’s Campus Nairobi,
Kenya. P. O. Box 30270-00100 or by email email@example.com .
Your application should bear the reference number ADMIN-CoEWCH. Applications by email are preferred. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. More information about the Aga Khan University is available at www.aku.edu
Applications should be submitted latest by March 2, 2021