Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Launched in 2015, the Aga Khan University Graduate School of Media and Communications (GSMC) is the premier source of education and tailored training for journalists, communicators and media executives and entrepreneurs in East Africa and beyond. Guided by the principles of global excellence and local relevance, GSMC helps individuals transform their careers and organizations to seize opportunities and reap the benefits of innovation.
Reporting to the Manager, Training, the Associate will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of planning and managing training programs. Tasks include scheduling, coordination of participants, events management, travel arrangements, and related duties.
The incumbent will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Liaising with the Manager to identify and assess training and development needs
- Assist in the delivery and oversight of training
- Compiling and presenting information
- Supervising and monitoring progress made via training programmes or schemes
- Coordination of training participants
- End to end event management performing tasks such as finding and booking venues, liaising with clients and suppliers, handling logistics, managing budgets and invoicing, organizing accreditation, managing risk, and presenting post-event reports
- Organising travel related arrangements
- Bachelor degree in project management with demonstrated experience in events management
- Minimum of two years of experience in planning and managing training programs as well as events management
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, Power Point)Excellent inter-personal relationship and team work
- Good at oral and written communication
- Ability to work well with colleagues and full spectrum of academic staff from trainees to senior faculty members
- Ability to work within short deadlines even outside normal working hours to meet
Interested candidates should submit a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and email contacts of three professional referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of relevant academic certificates as well as transcripts to
The Director, HR Academic, Aga Khan University’s Campus Nairobi,
Kenya. P. O. Box 30270-00100 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your application should bear the reference number AT-GSMC. Applications by email are preferred.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. More information about the Aga Khan University is available at http://www.aku.edu
Applications should be submitted latest by March 5, 2021