Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Vacancy Advertisement – Laboratory Technologist
Halisi Family Hospital is a private hospital located in Kitengela, Kajiado County. The 25-bed facility offers both 24hr Outpatient and Inpatient Healthcare Services. Our mission is to provide high quality healthcare that is client-centred, compassionate, comprehensive, easily accessible and provides good value for money and time. By doing this, we will give our patients, their families and our community peace of mind.
We are looking for qualified, self-disciplined and dedicated individuals to fill the vacancy. Individuals whose desire to work in an environment where doing the right and ethical thing at the right time, in the right way for the benefit of the patient, is a priority.
Provide efficient and effective professional laboratory services through collection, processing and release of accurate test results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, receive and process patient specimens;
- Release patients results while maintaining confidentiality;
- Archive specimens and results as per laboratory procedures;
- Prepare various reagents and culture medias;
- Prepare reports of technical findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information;
- Maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration and quality control;
- Participate in proficiency testing and other quality assurance programs;
- Create and maintain updated documents and records as required in the laboratory;
- Maintain inter- and intradepartmental workflow by fostering a spirit of cooperation
- Maintain inter- and intradepartmental workflow by fostering a spirit of cooperation;
- Maintain good relationship with staff in referral labs;
- Assist in the formulation, review and implementation of relevant policies and procedures;
- Participate in clinical audits.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Effective communication skills – listening, oral and written.
• Hard working, proactive and self-driven.
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
• Empathetic to patients of all ages.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Highly organized with good time management skills.
• Problem solving, conflict resolution and crisis management skills.
• Analytical and decision making skills.
• Report writing and presentation skills.
• Desire for personal development, improvement and learning.
• Diploma or Higher Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
• At least three (3) years relevant work experience in a busy medical laboratory.
• Knowledge and Experience in ISO 15189 Standard is an added advantage.
• Phlebotomy Certificate is also an added advantage.
• Must be registered and licensed by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
• Valid Practicing License.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Certificate of Good Conduct.
Submission of Application
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should email their documents to email@example.com indicating the job title on the email subject, no later than 5:00pm on or before 26th February 2021.
• One-page cover letter addressed to Human Resource detailing how your skills and experience meet the job specifications.Indicate your current and expected remuneration.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae including the names and contacts of three professional references.
• Copies of testimonials, certificates and any other supporting documents.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.