Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to: Manager, GIS, IM, and ICT
Duration: Twelve (12) months
Type: Temporary Full Time Position (40 hours/week)
The American Red Cross International Services Department (ISD) seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. The American Red Cross continues to deepen and expand its international support while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent Network in order to deliver critical assistance to some of the most vulnerable communities in the world.
This position serves as an open data advocate and aims to build a culture of data for decision-making. Core responsibilities will include technical guidance and capacity building on data readiness initiatives and supporting the coordination of mapping and data collection efforts in project areas. This position will work as part of dynamic team of humanitarian information management and geospatial professionals in coordination with health specialists focused on the Community Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness Program (CP3) and the 5-Point Plan (5PP) to strengthen immunization systems (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqpeIgs62s4&feature=youtu.be)
- Provide technical support to other IM/GIS officers in CP3 country programs in Uganda, Guinea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Kenya.
- Continue development of the data readiness framework, data workflows, and implementation strategies for CP3 with country programs.
- Compile data from government (i.e. District Health Information Software) and other sources to guide programmatic decision making for the 5PP.
- Continue development of technical resources for the 5PP, including standard operating procedures and processes for mobile data collection and automation.
- Develop modules and materials to support training, workshops, and capacity building efforts with partners. Support adding resources to the Data Playbook where possible.
- Travel to project sites to train volunteers on data collection, mapping, and data management processes (pending Covid-19 restrictions).
- Clean/analyze field data and create maps, graphics, or web visualizations. Monitor and support remote mapping activities, including data validation for OpenStreetMap.
- Compile spatial and non-spatial data from a variety of sources such as field observation, mobile data collection, and satellite imagery.
- Conduct and/or coordinate regular learning sessions to various audiences. Support development of case studies and knowledge management materials.
- Explore opportunities to develop information management and community mapping tools and resources.
- Actively engage with the IFRC, Red Cross movement actors, Ministries of Health and other relevant partners and organizations to build relationships within the information management field.
- Actively engage with the OSM and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) community to build relationships within the mapping field.
- Report on project deliverables on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience as an info analyst, GIS specialist, or related field preferred.
- Experience conducting research to locate reliable secondary data.
- Experience planning and delivering technical trainings to a wide variety of audiences with varying skill levels including volunteers, community members, and staff. Facilitation skills highly desirable.
- Strong data management skills and experience using Excel and/or relational databases. Experience with the use of SQL or other relational database query language.
- Experience using programming languages to automate data processes, such as R or Python.
- Knowledge of survey design and data collection processes. Experience in mobile data collection required (ODK, Kobo Toolbox, etc)
- Experience using GIS applications such as QGIS or ArcGIS to produce maps.
- Proven ability to use Tableau, Power Bi, D3, or other data analysis and visualization tool.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or InkScape to create informative and appealing infographics and/or marketing materials.
- Enthusiasm for open data and open-source tools.
- Ability to tackle problems under a variety of circumstances and adapt to dynamic situations
- Ability to work as an active team member but with limited guidance.
- Experience with the Red Cross network and international humanitarian work is helpful.
- English required, French helpful.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 28th February 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.