Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for a dynamic Customs professional to join our team as Documentation & Declaration Team Lead in Mombasa. He/she will be responsible to ensure Timely and Accurate Documentation and Declaration.
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
i. Results orientation
ii. Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
iii. Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
iv. Creating network within the global organization
v. Understand market and customer drivers
vi. Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk Kenya organization.
• Monitoring the daily operations for the team ensuring they are running according to set Key Performance Indicators.
• In charge of continuous performance review for the team, skill and competence development through set up couching and mentorship programs.
• Work closely with customer experience and field operations teams to plan and organize the team day to day activities.
• Liaise with importers in case of any problems with tariffs used or wrong specifications of documents and ensure that everything is formally recorded.
• Satisfactorily interpret of Tariff Codes to Customs, Client and Internal Colleagues.
• Data Quality-Ensure accurate declaration to avert customs and other statutory bodies penalties.
• Provide relevant input during tariff disputes during cargo clearance process.
• Constantly keep abreast with changes in customs rules and regulations and cascade them internally.
• Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues and escalations.
• Ensure adherence to SOP, create and modify as appropriate.
• Identify the areas of improvement & implementation of process improvement initiative.
• Responsible for new team member induction.
We are looking for
• 3+ years of Customs clearance, Declaration and Customs documentation (clearing and forwarding ).
• Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Business
• Diploma in Clearing & Forwarding
• East Africa Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate (EAFFPC) will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of Single Customs Territory
• Leadership Experience
• Experience in dealing with Port Authorities
• Negotiation Skills
Last application date: 2/3/2021