Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Head of Procurement Stratostaff
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Direct Reports: All procurement and stores staff
A key member of the senior management team, the Head of Procurement (HOP) is responsible for leading the implementation of a well-integrated, efficient, systematic and strategic sourcing, procurement, and contract lifecycle. This is aimed at supporting effective hospital operations and cost savings, in alignment with internal policy and relevant legal requirements. Success in this role is excellent procurement and supply processes that ensure a sufficient supply of resources needed to deliver the best medical treatment and patient care.
Key areas of responsibility
1. Develop and implement policies and procedures that promote efficient vendor management from sourcing and pre-qualification of suppliers to negotiation of contract terms and agreement on pricing, credit terms and payment cycles. Influence medium to high level negotiations and long-term partnerships with major international suppliers to ensure sustainable savings are achieved.
2. Participate in financial planning by providing insight i.e., on operational and capital equipment budgets from analysis on past expenditure, advice on pricing options based on supply costs, etc., in an effort to positively influence the hospital’s bottom line.
3. Develop and implement a clearly defined internal process to raise, receive and approve all purchase requisitions in accordance with hospital procurement policy and budgets. This should have proper controls in place and incorporate documentation and records that can be reviewed during reference and audit.
4. Provide leadership for the purchasing staff. Develop plans for learning and development as well as coaching and succession planning.
5. Manage vendor relationships, perform market research and partner with procurement functions of other players in the industry to gather information on commodity prices, benchmark on processes and explore creative solutions aimed at ensuring the hospital is always fully supplied.
6. Participate in strategic planning for the hospital alongside the senior leadership team.
1. Implement policies, plans and processes for managing the stock and equipment levels and proper distribution of supplies within the hospital.
2. Implement processes that ensure safe receipt, assessment of quality and proper storage and handling of all hospital purchases.
Develop and implement systems aligned to KAIZEN that ensure complete and accurate recording of all purchases, order details, stock movement, distribution and warehouse activities, supplier details etc.
Key performance indicators
- Reduced cost of operational and capital equipment supplies.
- Zero variance in purchasing policy detected during internal/external audits.
- Documented and implemented policies and procedures covering all aspects of the procurement and purchasing process.
- Zero stock-outs and reduced emergency purchasing. 5. Zero variance in random and planned stock counts.
• Strategic Thinking;
• Analytical Ability;
• Financial Acumen;
• Relationship Management;
• Planning and Organizing;
• Leading & Managing People
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field.
• A minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience in a sourcing, procurement & contracts position with at least three (3) of these in a management position (Hospital experience will be an added advantage).
• Diploma or professional qualification in Supply Chain Management e.g., CIPS.
• Possess excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Keen on operational excellence and process improvements to achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
How to apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge, please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject Head of Procurement by Thursday, 25th February 2021, by 5pm. Kindly attach your CV in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.