Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated, and qualified person to fill the position of:
Water & Habitat Purchaser
The International Committee of the Red Cross ([CRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
Overall Responsibility: The Water & Habitat Purchaser is responsible for the procurement of goods and services, securing the best correlation of quality, price and delivery time, in accordance with the ICRC rules and regulations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides Engineering support to the Requesters in close collaboration with the Senior Purchaser;
- Lead reference to issues related with Water Engineering;
- Prepares Request For Tender (RFT), using detailed item specifications, to achieve the right quality of goods to be purchased and takes part in the award to suppliers/contractors/consultants;
- Conducts market survey to keep abreast of market developments, identify new sources and availability of goods/services and make recommendations for inclusion in the procurement database;
- Updates and maintains supplier database;
- Manages purchasing contracts until goods/services are delivered;
- Ensures best prices and strict control of quality for the purchased goods/services;
- Provides analytical reports on purchasing activities;
- In liaison with the warehouse ensure that goods received correspond to quantities and quality ordered;
- Checks on the legal aspects on capacity of suppliers and terms of contract;
- Assists the Supply Chain Administrator to define the running stock levels;
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- University Degree in Water Engineering specialising ¡n water supply technology;
- Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Administration is an asset; .
- 5 years relevant work experience in water related installation and/or design & specification of water installations;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power point) with experience in ERPs;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Good product/purchase knowledge of Water and Habitat.
- Attentive to details, rigorous with high sense of confidentiality and integrity.
- Able to develop and sustain a network of key contacts.
- Good negotiation and communications skills.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 05th March 2021 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Logistics Support Centre, HR Department via:- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The reference “Water & Habitat Purchaser” must be stated in the application to be valid.
If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required Degree & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process.
If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.