Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the Job:
In preparation for Samasource’s next phase of growth, we are searching for an experienced and seasoned Senior IT Support Specialist.
This role will provide day-to-day support in specifying, building, maintaining and supporting the organization’s technical infrastructure. This position is focused on the transformation of the current systems and processes within the IT department to achieve the next levels of excellence.
You will serve as a key partner to the IT Manager and reporting directly to this role.
- Support the organization’s network infrastructure and services like the LAN, WAN print services and email
- Assist in administering and maintaining user mailboxes and distribution groups.
- Domain services administration in consultation with the Systems Administrator
- Manage the installation of new versions of the systems and troubleshoot ad-hoc user problems
- Provide ICT related support and guidance to staff members
- Conduct and supervise ICT preventive maintenance activities.
- Installing, configuring, upgrading and repairing PC hardware and software
- Conduct periodic backups of the identified information systems.
- Participate and assist in the organization of ICT related training for the stuff
- Logging of incidents in an accurate and informative manner as and when they occur.
- Work with various functional heads in supporting and developing identified business essential technologies.
- Perform security vulnerability checks against organization systems and carrying out remediation tasks
- Conducting security audits and making policy recommendations
- Create and maintain an ICT configuration database for both hardware and software.
- In coordination with IT Administrator, ensure critical data is being backed up
- Assist in daily monitoring of ICT systems and respond quickly to any service or security concerns
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Keep abreast of technological developments, current initiatives and changes in ICT and appraise the management accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or any other related field.
- Have 3 years year working experience in Windows operating systems in a busy environment
- Ability to manage Active Directory environment
- Working with network security equipment
- Ability to manage enterprise databases on RDBMS like MS SQL Server.
- Ability to secure installations
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Microsoft Certified Engineer
- Linux Certified Systems Administrator
- Cyber Security Certification
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Application deadline is March 05, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.