Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PPM Program Assistant
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation with in-depth understanding of the local context, utilising local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS works in partnership with various stakeholders including the Ministry of Health National Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Lung Disease Program (NTLD-Program) towards implementation of TB care and control activities across the country. This is part of a US Government initiative against TB in Kenya with funding from USAID. CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of a Public Private Mix Assistant in Meru County.
Reporting to the Senior Technical Officer – Strategic Initiatives, the Program Assistant will be responsible for providing technical support, mentorship, support supervision, capacity building, linkages to diagnosis and care and strengthen engagement of private facilities in implementation of TB activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the TB ARC II Regional Coordinators, County and Sub-County coordinators, conduct mapping and identifying of health facilities, laboratories, chemists/pharmacies and corporate clinics to be engaged in TB activities
- Engage private facilities laboratories, chemists/pharmacies and corporate clinics to offer TB services
- Support and strengthen linkage of facilities with the county and sub-county teams
- In collaboration with the TB ARC II Regional Coordinators, County and Sub-County coordinators, conduct training of clinicians and relevant staff in the private sector on TB issues through didactic trainings, Continuous Medical Education (CME), On the Job Training (OJT) and ECHO
- Ensure availability of recording and reporting tools, job aids, IEC material and relevant laboratory supplies like falcon tubes at all times in the facilities
- Ensure linkage of presumptive TB cases to geneXpert sites and provide technical support on sample referral
- In collaboration with the county and sub-county TB coordinators support facilities to be upgraded to treatment sites
- In collaboration with the community health volunteers and the facilities strengthen contact management
- In collaboration with the TB ARC II officers, National, county and sub-county coordinators, conduct continuous mentorship and support supervision to private facilities
- Support facilities to identify TB champions
- Collect TB data from facilities and analyse this to inform decision making at facility level
- Support facilities to develop and implement continuous quality improvement (CQI) plans
- Develop and timely submit project reports weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Identify best practices in the course of project implementation, and support documentation for dissemination
- Participate in relevant project and county meetings
- Perform other technical duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing with some public health experience
- At least one year progressive experience in TB, HIV, private sector engagement or other health programs
- Working knowledge in project management, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation
- Working experience in a donor funded public health program is an added advantage
- A university degree will be an added advantage
Method of applications
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as PPM Program Assistant: CHS/HR/TBARCII/PPM/01/2021 by 5.00 PM February 26, 2021.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.