Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KAY Investment Trade Limited Kenya’s official distributor of flormar beauty products is urgently looking to fill the following position
Position: General Manager (FMCG – Cosmetics)
Reporting to: Managing Director
Other Relationships: HR / Operations, Finance, Sales & Marketing
Job Description: The role of the General manager will be to establish and manage the company’s functions, and all associated tasks and activities pertaining, but not limited to: budgeting, production, accounting, timely reporting of MI and KPI, effective implementation of controls across the company, strong and integrated leadership, developing and implementing strategies, oversight of all statutory, governance and licensing matters, assets and inventories.
The General manager will need to be an effective implementer and guardian of company policies especially in relation to improved management and overall profitability of the company in line with budget, production and forecasts, ethics and corporate governance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide operational based support to the Managing Director or the Board.
- Implementor in chief of all company policies and strategies.
- The chief guardian of ethics, best practices and corporate governance.
- Coordinate the activities of all existing departments majorly Finance, HR, Sales, Customer Care, Logistics and Credit Control.
- Maintain good relationship between the organization and customers.
- Develop strategies for excellent customer service and marketing to ensure repeat and new business respectively.
- Ensure company growth as per vision and mission of the company
- Communicate strategy and results to all stakeholders.
- Ensure organizational quality control via review, update, implementation and adherence to set procedures and policies.
- Ensure penetration of Flormar products and visibility in the market
- Prepare monthly and other periodic operational reports for the Management.
- Liaison person between the company and the board
- Oversee daily operations of the business units within the organization.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring, training and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit’s employees.
- Report key results to the Managing directors (Board).
- Engage with the board in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Any other duties assigned by the management.
Minimum qualifications, experience and competencies
- Degree in Business or related courses
- Strong background in FMCG
- Strong oral / written communication skills
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Over 3 years’ experience in management with 2 years at senior management level
- A self-starter with a tenacious and autonomous attitude towards developing new business and managing targets
- Good analytical and leadership skills, a leader who knows how to motivate and control a team
- Experience in beauty industry will be a plus.
- An interest, enthusiasm and passion for beauty products
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current and expected remuneration, quoting the job title in the subject field to email@example.com.
Deadline of application is 2nd March, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.