Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Payments and Collections Assistant – JOB REQ ID 21261920
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team. Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
The Operation’s Assistant is an entry-level role responsible for processing clearing and cash transactions in close coordination with the Transactions’ Services team. The overall objective is to perform processing activities in a fast-paced environment while focusing on quality, details, accuracy and controls.
- Apply basic technical knowledge to ensure efficient customer service that meets quality standards
- Transactions processing in an accurately and timely manner and in line with bank’s policies and Kenya Bankers’ Association’s requirements.
- Assist with activities related to compliance and control
- Perform job duties by following detailed procedures or explicit instructions under direct supervision
- Aid in internal and external customer contact
- Serve as a backup processor for team members
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Involvement in projects from time to time especially due to the constantly changing environment towards automation.
Skills and Requirements
- University Degree
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Familiarity with the processing systems
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- A team player
- Good judgment.
- Ability to work independently/ unsupervised
- Customer focus
- Time management skills
- Willingness and ability to learn and work under pressure, a fast learner preferred
- Perception and diligence.
- University graduate with minimum upper second honors (or equivalent)
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Nature of the work
- Quality of work has to be high due to a high level of customer awareness and competition. Timeliness and error free processing of transactions is key.
- Be alert on frequent changes in Government regulations, Bank policies and procedures due to restructuring.
- Ability to handle large volumes.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- High volumes of transactions which require more time to process
- Due diligence is required at all times to ensure that documentary procedures are adhered to as per the banks regulations.
- To be extremely perceptive and know our customers very well in a bid to frustrate the ever-increasing fraud attempts and dynamic fraudster’s methodology.
- To continually re-visit our service delivery and make necessary improvements in keeping with the competitive nature of our market.
To be technologically inclined since the department’s functions involve very delicate systems that in case of failure can lead to severe financial implications. Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply, click on APPLY
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review.