Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Housing Officer. I – ninety two (92) posts– V/NO.26/2021.
For appointment to this grade, : a candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Architecture, Interior design, landscape Architecture, Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical/Structural Engineering, Land Economics, Building Economics, urban/ regional Planning, Economics (Upper second), Construction Management, Valuation and Property Management or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will be will work under close supervision of an experienced officer and will perform duties in any of the following functions:
- Collecting data on housing to up-date the housing database and establish the levels of demand and supply;
- Identifying land for Housing development;
- Preparing project briefs;
- Disseminating information on appropriate building technologies to stakeholders;
- Planning and implementing housing and human settlements projects; and
- Preparing low cost house type plans and construction manuals.Housing Infrastructure Functions
- Gathering data to establish the level of demand and supply of Housing infrastructure;
- Assisting in the preparation of project brief, tender documents, project/progress reports; and
- Preparing and maintaining a database of prospective investors in physical housing infrastructure.
Slum Up-grading Function
- Collecting of social, economic and physical data on existing slums, informal land and Housing markets;
- Sensitizing slum communities;
- Maintaining and up-dating of slums data base;
- Identifying land for relocation/housing development; and
- Compiling report from site meeting.
Civil servant Housing Schemes Function
- Identification of land for civil servants housing development ;
- Preparation of project briefs;
- Generation of reports during housing project design;
- Construction and conveyancing;
- Updating the tenant register;
- Facilitating the acquisition of leases and titles for civil servants.
Method of application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
(i) online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke OR
(ii) by completing ONE PSC 2 application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100,NAIROBI
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be
(ii) Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
(iii) Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
(iv) The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the
Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
(v) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
(vi) It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 15th March 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)