Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
St Andrew’s, Turi is one of the most prominent international schools in Kenya and has an outstanding reputation throughout Africa. Founded as a Preparatory School for the children of expatriates in 1931, it has grown to comprise both Preparatory and Senior Schools and to welcome children of over 25 nationalities, the majority of whom are now African. The Senior School is a full boarding school. St Andrew’s has a strong Christian foundation and ethos, which define and govern the nature and work of the School today. While children from all faith backgrounds are welcome, the School’s Christian character is clearly evident in its underlying educational philosophy and practice. The Senior School was founded in 1988 and is a member of COBIS and a global member of Round Square. It aims to provide a world class education with outstanding teaching and learning central to its vision of creating leaders that will change their country, continent and the world for good. Students are prepared for GCSE/IGCSE and A level exams and move on to universities in the UK, America, Australia and many other parts of the world.
St Andrew’s is characterised by the highest professional standards, and offers a vibrant and industrious community, ensuring excellent professional development within the context of a full boarding school. The School is situated on a beautiful 450-acre site on the western slopes of the Rift Valley some 200km NW of Nairobi, near the Equator and at 2600m where the climate is temperate. It is malaria free.The Role St Andrew’s Senior School is seeking to appoint a Director of Sport. This role requires committed leadership from a member of staff who has a wide range of personal sporting experience in different team and individual sports, as well as the skills of managing staff and students. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the sports programme including fixtures and, along with other staff, training teams and taking matches. Sport is a very important part of School life. The School teams are generally very successful in inter-school sport. Many of the schools played are in Nairobi, requiring travel to the city several times a term for matches and tournaments, which are mostly held at weekends. The successful teacher will also be able to teach class PE in Year 9, GCSE PE in Years 10 & 11 and A level PE in Years 12 and 13. The ability to teach a second subject would be highly advantageous. St Andrew’s is committed to providing a vibrant co-curricular and boarding program to which all staff contribute. Person Specification Working at St Andrew’s, Turi, is an exciting and dynamic experience. We look to recruit committed and resourceful staff, who are looking to not only develop their skills and leadership capacities, but also embrace new experiences and challenges. There are some things that are essential to working with us. The successful candidate will need to be able to support the School’s aims and Christian ethos. They will have to have a degree as well as a recognised teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, and of course, the relevant experience. Beyond that we want to have staff who love working as part of a team; who are first-class communicators and who are passionate about the subjects and students they teach; who are creative and diligent in their planning; who are adaptable, energetic and resilient. Experience of working in a Senior School, or in boarding, would be desirable, but not essential. Terms and Conditions
There is a generous overall remuneration package as detailed below (the cost of living in Kenya is significantly lower than in the UK):
- Salary: The successful applicant will be placed on the Main Pay Scale.
- Accommodation: suitable rent free accommodation will be provided as a taxable benefit. Domestic and gardening help is arranged by the School, but paid for, at local rates, by the applicant.
- School fees (where applicable): there is a 100% fee remission for staff children throughout the School; places are subject to the School’s normal entry requirements. Fee remission is a taxable benefit.
- Medical care: all members of staff and their families (below 18yrs) are covered under a comprehensive insurance scheme.
- Pension: the School operates a defined contribution pension scheme in which the employer and employee each contribute 6% of monthly salary. For employees emigrating from Kenya at the end of their contract, the full value of the contributions, plus accumulated interest, can be withdrawn from the scheme.
- Relocation: outward and return flights for the applicant, and for his/ her spouse and dependent children [up to the age of 18] as applicable, together with a freight allowance, at the beginning and end of the contract period, are paid for by the School.
- Meals: these are provided during term time as a taxable benefit.
- Facilities: extensive sports facilities are open to use by staff and their families
- Hours of work and holiday entitlement
- The role is full-time and includes working in the evening and at weekends as required.
- The successful applicant will be expected to take a full and active part in the boarding life of the school.
- St Andrew’s School, Turi is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- The successful applicant will undertake their role and responsibilities in accordance with St Andrew’s School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and
- Guidelines and will be required to undergo all checks relevant to the post.
To find out more please contact the HR Director, Ms Janet Ndiho.
Tel: +254 (0) 734288501
Applications are encouraged as early as possible. These should be submitted by email to the HR Director at HRDirector@turimail.co.ke and include: a completed application form, and a brief covering letter. Application forms are available on the School website, or from the HR Director. If your application is successful, we will contact you within three weeks. Video footage of lessons being taught that can be provided during the interview process (in line with the safeguarding policy in one’s school) will be highly advantageous.
- Closing date for applications: Thursday 4th March, 2021
- Preliminary online interviews: Starting 7th March, 2021
- Final online interviews: Starting 16th March, 2021
- Start Date: 1st September 2021