Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant multidisciplinary research. Our researchers address critical development issues and challenges facing sub- Saharan Africa (SSA) in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization, and wellbeing. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policymakers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa.
APHRC is looking for a Communications Intern to join a dynamic team and help bring lasting evidence-based change in Africa. Under the mentorship of the Communications Manager – Synergy Unit, the successful candidate will contribute to knowledge translation and policy engagement efforts in collaboration with researchers and the Policy Engagement and Communications team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in developing press and communication materials for media events using key research study findings
- Assist in researching, writing blogs and human-interest stories on APHRC’s work
- Assist in producing and disseminating communication materials, including brochures, posters, infographics, audio-visuals
- Support in procurement of outsourced communications related services such as graphic design, videography
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Communications Manager.
Qualifications and other competencies
- At an advanced stage of their degree program in Communications, Journalism, Film Production, Public Relations, Development Communications, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in storytelling, writing and content creation, photography, video production and media relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Networking, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills coupled with resourcefulness and initiative
- Experience in graphic design and audio-visual production is an added advantage
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
Method of application
If you are interested in this opportunity, submit your cover letter and CV through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by March 12, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should be should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.