Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Professional Development & Outreach.
Aga Khan Academies are an integrated network of residential schools dedicated to expanding access to education of an international standard of excellence to exceptional young men and women regardless of their ability to pay. The Aga Khan Academies foundational values include pluralism, meritocracy and civil society. Housed in spacious and attractive campuses with outstanding facilities, the Academies offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum from Primary Years to the Diploma and provide a rich opportunity for both teachers and students alike to grow both professionally and personally.
The key responsibility areas of The M&E officer will be developing and deploy monitoring and evaluation procedures and mechanisms for all outreach programmes offered by the Aga Khan Academy, in line with the GAC M&E requirements.
The M&E officer will work with the Head of Professional Development Center and the master trainers to ensure that monitoring and evaluation is conducted as planned. The procedures and mechanisms used will be aligned with the GAC. The M&E officer will work under the supervision of the HoPDC, with the GAC M&E team, to report on progress in this area.
The five-year GAC project will work to achieve a sustainable improvement in learning outcomes, with a particular focus on literacy and numeracy for students in pre-primary and primary school levels in target areas of Eastern Africa, and to advance AKDN’s education sector programming in the region.
The Aga Khan Academy will contribute to the effort by providing developmental program and support for education officers, school leaders, key resources teachers and teachers from Mombasa and Kwale county Government Primary Schools and Early Childhood Program Centers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate M&E to the Professional Development and Outreach, DFATD educational project.
- Advise on the formulation of instruments and mechanisms to support needs assessment and participate in needs assessment activities.
- Maintain tracking records of tools and collected data from the course/workshop feedback surveys.
- Conduct and/or coordinate data collection and reporting of project
- Enter data into appropriate databases, accurately and within deadlines, perform data cleaning and quality checks and work with, Master trainers to ensure data integrity.
- Report on requirements, reporting tools, data management processes, management of registers and reports, definitions, analysis and interpretation and use of data, all depending on specific needs.
- Provide advice to management on how best to use and interpret data collected to inform decision making
- Conduct and report on regular data quality checks and audits through on-site data verifications.
- Work closely with the project partners to conduct Rapid Service Quality Assessments and Quality Improvement.
- Track performance indicators and ensure adherence to M&E frameworks.
- Support the routine running and improvement of the M&E programme.
- Responds to the educational trends based on the National/District/Zonal M&E reports to inform the programmes
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Educational Measurement and Evaluation, Social Sciences, Psychology, Economics, etc.)
- Relevant experience of working in an M&E capacity with an NGO or in an education development setting.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing complex data sets;
- Experience in the development and implementation of M&E tools, procedures and frameworks;
- Demonstrated capacity to work with both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Strong facilitation, communication and coordination skills;
- Ability to work independently, to pro-actively to identify and address issues and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrable skill in using computer-based statistical packages and databases.
- Familiarity with the AKDN/AKF preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent spoken and written English required.
To apply, click on APPLY Deadline is 20th March, 2021