Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will provide effective coordination of programs and financial reporting, grant management, operations and communications support for the Youth Excel and SAFE (Securing Access to Free Expression) projects as well as the IREX Kenya office operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Youth Excel (65% time)
- Participate in review of grant applications
- Review due diligence documentation, conduct risk assessments and recommend risk mitigation strategies
- Review budgets from partners and ensure these comply with sub-award agreement guidelines
- Review and prepare payment requests from partners for approval
- Receive and assess financial reports from partners and ensure compliance with the grant agreement and sub grants handbook requirements
- Track partner burn rate and budget liquidation status
- Ensure disbursement receipts, financial reports, completed assessment tools and any other subaward documentation are uploaded to Sub Awards system
- Support the Global MEL Advisor in data collection and data reviews
- Support the Communications Officer with collecting and reporting on impact stories from project participants
- Support logistics for the Youth Excel issue-based collaborative networks (ICONs) and grantee capacity strengthening activities
SAFE Project (25% time)
- Support the coordination of training logistics/operations duties during remote working and upon return to regular face-to-face trainings:
- Provide admin support in organizing accommodation and transport schedules for SAFE and participant teams – these will typically include liaising with service providers to facilitate timely and effective hotel bookings plus road and/or flight schedules as applicable.
- Support efficient communication with training participants before, during and after training activities thus ensure effective reimbursements as applicable.
- Support the vetting processes of SAFE Vendors and Beneficiaries using approved vetting software.
Above roles will require liaising with; Finance Manager, Training Coordinator, Safety Focal Point as required.
Kenya Office (10% time)
- Processing employees expense reports on a timely basis by ensuring correctness and effectiveness of reimbursement.
- Support the .
- Assist with general office administrative support functions.
- Overall coordination of vendor relationships including timely payment.
- Assisting with Financial audits, reporting and compliance.
- As assigned, serve as the main focal point to coordinate consultants.
- Overall coordination of VAT exemption process including timely submission of DA1 forms to USAID and the vendor after approval and maintaining the tracker.
- Manage procurement in compliance with donor polices and IREX regulation
- Ensure all staff benefits are managed according to Human resource Handbook guidelines, e.g. Medical, Staff Insurance, Social Security, travel insurance among others
Academic qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or other relevant field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the development field.
- Demonstrable experience in office administration and coordinaton
- Demonstrable knowledge of budgeting processes, financial reporting and audit procedures.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting and other computer application packages including Quickbooks and Pastel
- High levels of integrity and work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to produce and analyse reports
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Right to work in Kenya without sponsorship
- Experience working on a USAID-funded program
- Experience working in grant management
- Have obtained at least a CPA Level II or equivalent certification
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.