Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for better and more sustainable use of livestock. ILRI is a CGIAR research centre – part of a global research partnership for a food-secure future
About The Position
African Dairy Genetic Gains (ADGG) project supports a farmer-focused partnership that routinely records on-farm performance, and genetic information on dairy cattle in Tanzania and Ethiopia and digitally shares feedback of the results of such data and also disseminates related farmers education messages to the farmers. The data generated is analyzed and the results and summaries are being used by farmers to inform herd management decisions, as well as to linking the farmers to key breeding and animal health service providers, leading to sustained animal and herd productivity gains as well as contributing towards more income for, higher profits to smallholder dairy farmers. ADGG is providing dairy cattle genetic gains with the potential to transform the lives of millions of dairy families across Africa. Please see more – https://www.ilri.org/research/projects/african-dairy-genetic-gains
The intern will provide technical support to the establishment of a database in support of ADGG work. He/she will develop ICT based tools for data capture and linking them via application programming interface (API) into the new African Dairy Genetic Gains (ADGG) data platform.
The expectations for the candidate in the course of their time with the ADGG project are that they will be able to:
- Understand the architecture of the ADGG Platform database
- Understand existing tools used for data capture and assist in developing modules that extend the scope of the current tools
- Understand and the processing of data into the ADGG database, and contribute to improving efficiency in scripting requisite processes
- Understand the data storage and extraction processes and contribute to developing shortcuts for specific extraction processes
- Provide inputs in the visualization of data from the database
- The ideal candidate should be in their final year of studies undertaking either a BSc or Diploma program from one of the national universities/ technical training institutions that provides training in computer programming.
- Training in working with relational database servers e.g. MySQL or Oracle
- Some knowledge and experience of C++ or Java language
Duration: 3 months.
Terms Of Appointment
- A monthly stipend to meet accommodation, transport and day to day living expenses.
- Medical insurance
Method of Application
All applications MUST include the following (applications not containing these documents will not be considered):
- A cover letter addressed to Head of Capacity Development, expressing interest in the fellowship position and the motivation. The position title and reference number (REF: INT/ILRI/LG/01/2021) should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
- Academic qualification transcripts/ certificates.
- University internship letter
Applications must be submitted by clicking on the APPLY link on or before 18th March 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org