Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Purpose of Position
To provide overall finance and accounting services to the cluster ensuring sound Financial Practices and adequate internal controls in line with WVK policies, Systems and Procedures.
Financial Reporting and Analysis, 25%
- Post financial data transactions into the accounting system.
- Consolidate and submit accurate project funding requests.
- Ensure timely preparation and review bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepare and consolidate accurate financial analysis for management decision making.
- Prepare Core/Logframe Combined Financial Reports.
- Ensure timely review and recording of Employee Expense Reports.
- Ensure timely review and reconciliation of the balance sheet items.
- Consolidate periodic Cluster compliance reports.
Planning, Budgeting & Budgetary control, 15%
- Prepare accurate Program budgets
- Ensure accurate and quality budgets are uploaded into existing databases and systems.
- Ensure compliance with grant guidelines and other standards
- Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development
- Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
- Monitor and timely communicate changes on Project Budget and Actuals System (PBAS) commitment.
- Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans.
Risk Management, 15%
- Ensure Finance and administration risks for the Cluster are identified, recorded in Riskonnect and mitigation measures put in place.
- Provide timely support and coordination to all Finance and Accounting related internal and external audits
- Ensure timely implementation of Finance and Accounts audit recommendations in the Cluster
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and WVK Policies as relates to Finance and Administration are adhered to by all staff in the region and any non-adherences are noted in a timely manner for correction and process improvement
- Ensure timely production and review of monthly report to address any variances in a timely manner.
Cash Management, Payments and Coordination, 10%
- Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement.
- Cash flow management to ensure compliance with target low.
- Ensure timely supplier invoice payment and staff disbursements.
- Coordination of all accounting functions in the cluster.
- Provide technical support and leadership to staff within the Cluster.
- Ensure that the Cluster is safe for occupation as per OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Coordinate facilities management at the Cluster office by supervising outsourced service providers including security and janitorial services
- Ensure equipment are properly maintained and operated optimally.
Asset Management, 10%
- Ensure assets are properly tagged and recorded in the asset register and in Sunsystem within the Cluster.
- Support the Programs in asset acquisition, management and disposal.
- Liaise with the security department and the cluster office driver to ensure motor vehicles are used as per WVK policies.
- Review motor vehicle summary reports from the cluster driver on a monthly basis to ascertain proper usage and efficiency.
- Consolidate and review the Cluster asset register and share with Regional Office on quarterly basis.
- Ensure accurate information for fleet, real estate and insurance is provided to the RO annually for updating Real Estate and Assets Management (REAM) portal.
Local partners’ capacity building, 10%
- Conduct financial assessment of potential local partners.
- Build financial management capacity of local partners for competence and risk reduction
- Review MOUs and funding agreements to ensure soundness.
- Ensure timely funding of the local partners
- Review financial reports and transactions
- Monitoring the local partners to ensure compliance and for process improvements
Any other Duty assigned by supervisor or designee 5%
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance, Business management/ Administration or related degree
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience.
- Fully qualified Accountant – CPA (K).
- Knowledge of Sun system is an added advantage.
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with an empowering and outcome oriented approach.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy stakeholders and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity.
- Computer literate.
To apply, click on APPLY
Deadline is 14th March,2021