Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Support CDT Finance Manager in customer account management and claim settlement. Ensuring accounts receivable KPI metrics including DSO, aging and ADP are met. These responsibilities are accomplished by:
Essential Job Function
- Claims Processing and Management
This is the core role and accounts for 60% of time allocation. Involves review of all claims for the cluster i.e Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Ethiopia
- Promotion claims processing for East Africa customers in C2C; verification of claims to ensure compliance with promo terms, correct attachment of proof of performance and customer/CDE/CDTL sign off. Timely review of claims for accuracy and correctness, and onward transmission for settlement or communication back to CD team
- KPI and visibility claims processing in C2C, verification of claims to ensure compliance with T&C’s, attachment of correct proof of performance and customer/CDE/CDTL sign off. Timely review of claims for accuracy and correctness, and onward transmission for settlement or communication back to CD team
Review of any other claims
- Accounts Receivable Management – 20% Time allocation
- Analyzing and reviewing aged accounts, ADP, DSO, accounts receivables, sales policy compliance, and making recommendations for improvement
- AR management for East Africa; including receipting and allocating customer payments, booking withholding VAT, account clean up and issuance of monthly statements to customers. Resolving any issues raised by customers including but not limited to; return CN’s, Promo CN’s etc.
- Ensuring customers operate within payment terms
- Withholding VAT certificate booking via journal in customer accounts once remitted on KRA portal and allocation of the same
- Accounts Receivable Management -Majid Account 20% Time allocation
- Receipting and allocating payments
- Reviewing invoice/credit notes/ debit note variations and pursuing corrective action with relevant stakeholders
- Reviewing visibility deductions to ensure they are within signed off terms and proposing payouts
- Reviewing debit notes as they are received and pursuing action with the relevant department
- Raising alert over any price variation
- Maintaining payment allocation tracker, visibility tracker and invoice variation
- Bachelor of Degree – MAJOR : Finance/Accounting
- Professional accounting qualification such as CPA (at least part 1) or ACCA
Level of Experience
- Post university qualification in an accounting set up an added advantage.
- Ability to prioritize and meet business deadlines
- Analytical Decision Making
- Strategic Thinking
- Business and Financial Analysis
- Planning & Priority Setting
- Cross Organizational Collaboration
- Communicate Effectively
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.To apply, click on this link APPLY