Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Greensteds International School – Nakuru – Kenya
Greensteds is a co-educational boarding and day school (IAPS and CIS) following the National Curriculum of England & Wales from Early Years to IGCSE, and A level. Greensteds is seeking to appoint a
KS1/KS2 Teacher to join our dynamic and supportive teaching staff. The willingness to take a full and active part in all aspects of a thriving, progressive school is vital, including the ability to coach team sports and/or take an active part in the wider co-curricular programme, including music and drama. Greensteds School is situated 140 km north of Nairobi, in the heart of Kenya’s Rift Valley and within ten minutes’ drive of Lake Nakuru National Park. The School is set in 50-acre site and is one of the leading international boarding schools in Kenya serving internationally minded parents all over the world. Greensteds has a strong academic record yet places equal emphasis upon commitment to holistic education. Extra-curricular activities (sport, drama, music, art, community service, outdoor education) complement our academic programme and teachers are expected to take a lead in one or more of these areas.
Person specification for KS1/KS2 Teacher
We are looking to appoint an Enthusiastic, confident, dedicated and positive KS1/KS2 teacher to join a friendly, passionate and hardworking team. A fantastic attitude is a prerequisite. The Junior school children are a wonderful group and have come up with some qualities they would like a new teacher at Greensteds to have;
- We want a cheerful, kind and supportive teacher.
- Our perfect teacher will be honest, willing and determined
- We would like the lessons to be fun, imaginative but with lots of learning in them.
The school has a strong academic record yet places equal emphasis upon understanding pastoral care, providing safe atmosphere for both boarders and day students. Sport, outdoor education, music and drama are amongst activities the children take part in and all teachers are expected to play a role in one or more of these areas.
KEY STAGE 1/ 2 Teacher Job Description
Primary school teachers develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives. They facilitate learning and pupils’ progress by establishing a positive relationship with pupils, and by their organization of learning resources and a stimulating classroom learning environment. They assess and record progress, they link pupils’ knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways in which to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding. The Class Teacher will be responsible to the Head of the Junior School
- The Class Teacher will be responsible to either the KS1 or KS2 Coordinator as appropriate in respect of curriculum and pastoral matters.
- To teach subjects from across the range of the Primary curriculum
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils
- To develop and lead a designated curriculum area as appropriate
- To take responsibility for, monitor and support the overall progress and development of pupils
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides pupils with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to raising standards of pupil attainment and achievement
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal growth and enjoyment
- To support the ethos, aims and vision of the School
- To carry out duties as assigned by the Head of the Junior School
Greensteds International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
people and expects all employees and volunteers to share that commitment. Employment is subject to suitable
background checks, including the receipt of satisfactory references, one of which must be from the most recent
Method of Application
Applicants should e-mail an up-to date CV with a cover letter addressed to the Headmaster stating their teaching speciality and contact details of at least 2 referees (one being your current/most recent employer) to email@example.com. Deadline is 12th March, 2021. The subject of your email should be the job you’re applying for. For interested candidates, an early application is encouraged.