Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LocationThis is a Medair Global Team position, with up to 12 weeks in the field in a year. Position will be located in Nairobi Kenya. The role is open for applicants based in Kenya – a valid work permit is required for this destination.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
April 2021. Full time, open ended contract.
Lead a small geographically disbursed team of application specialists and business analysts to support our current and legacy systems and applications used across Medair globally. The Applications Team Lead will also support the IT Applications Manager in analysing, exploring and investigating the organizational processes and systems, by designing, transforming and managing Medair’s application landscape, in order to improve, implement and maintain systems and to address changes within Medair through technology. The role is a technical and analytical role, and will support in solving technical issues, user administration (including role concepts) and systems configuration.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify the people to people strategy. Global ITS provides a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including country programs in the strategic design of systems, and delivers services locally where practical to ensure that the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country program colleagues are met. The Support Systems Integration team delivers on the strategic direction for our Support Function Systems primarily located at the GSO – including Human Resources, Finance, Logistics, Engagement and Communications teams.
Key Activity Areas
- Lead a team of 4 geographically disbursed technical administrators by providing guidance and timely feedback, and lead by example to demonstrate professionalism and accountability.
- Develop training and knowledge transfer plans so that members of the team can continue to grow in their roles and ensure proper coverage in case of staff absence or departure.
- Ensure procedures in place to support users with legacy systems, and new cloud-based system solutions.
- Work in collaboration with the Enterprise Architect and other colleagues to ensure that the ITS Applications Strategy can be delivered to support the overall strategy of Medair including: Development of a roadmap to upgrade and standardise the applications infrastructure across GSO and all country programs, outsourcing activities where appropriate to focus on activities that are unique and cost. Ensure procedures in place to support users with legacy systems, and new cloud-based system solutions.
- Plays a major role in the Change Request process to ensure that all changes go through a formal approval process before being implemented in production.
- Provide back-up support on both our legacy applications and platforms such as MS NAV (current ERP) as well as current applications including Salesforce CRM, Sage People HRIS, MS Dynamics (NAV replacement), Jira, Teams, SharePoint and other new applications/platforms such as Dell Boomi and Snowflake (Global Data Warehouse). Translate business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Perform administration / configuration / data migration / integration duties on select systems in accordance with project objectives. Create and design technical specification documentation.
- Drive resolution of issues that come up during the deployment phase of projects.
Data Quality Management
- Proactively analyze, document and process gaps/improvement opportunities including governance to a range of functional area such as Finance, HR and SCM as well as Donor and Beneficiary oriented processes.
- Proactively engage with department leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value.
- Identify technical & functional requirements, obtaining feedback & gaining approval to implement changes.
- Manage the product backlog and present sprint proposals and reviews to different stakeholders.
- Documents business requirements and creates detailed functional/technical system specifications.
- Be part of internal and cross-cutting projects to ensure the alignment of business processes and solutions.
- Manage the relationships with vendors including Qlik, Ona, SurveyCTO, ESRI, (and in the future Microsoft, Salesforce, Sage People).
- The holder of this position is required to keep an overview on new applications available and propose changes to improve the toolkit and organisational applications skillset.
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- ITIL experience or certification is preferred.
- Certifications with regard to the “Working experience required” areas will be an advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
- 2+ years leading an IT Application Support and/or Development team
- 3+ years’ professional experience in applications development, information management, business intelligence or another related field.
- Vendor Management. Experience with Cloud, SaaS and hybrid technologies.
- Experience in database administration, SQL knowledge and reporting tools such as Qlik.
- Experience in Integration Platforms (preference is for Boomi, however, others will be considered).
- Experience in Salesforce, ERP (NAV and Microsoft Dynamics (preferred), Sharepoint and Teams (advantage)
- Experience operating in hybrid environments as in-house & outsourced operations & cloud-based services.
- Experience working in the field in the Humanitarian Sector – Medair experience preferred.
- Experience working with remote geographically disbursed teams preferred.
- Solid understanding & experience with virtualization, operating systems, local & wide area networking, response & recovery, data protection, retention, & management disciplines to support a global organization.