Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall purpose of the job
Overall, in charge of legal and regulatory matters including but not limited to court attendance on all court matters, litigation and mitigation measures, contracts preparation and execution, legal documentation and advisory on legal, regulatory and institutional compliance in all Sacco’s operations.
Duties and responsibilities
The legal officer will be responsible for:
Ensuring compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements namely Acts of Parliament, Sacco By-laws, rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- In charge of legal and litigation matters in liaison with external lawyers.
- Drafting and review of all legal and third-party contracts before and after execution.
- Periodic review of requisite legal documents, by- laws, policies, rules and regulations.
- Provision of timely information on renewals and or termination of contracts.
- Review of collaterals and or charge documents, discharge and or perfection of securities.
- Identification, assessments and mitigation of legal and regulatory risks.
- Provision and appropriate interpretation of legal information.
- Conduct of staff training and guidance of management on legal matters.
- Effective follow up of all court cases, attend hearings, follow up on judgements and related costs.
- Ensure all physical and electronic records including confidential and sensitive documents are safely kept.
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly reports.
- Any other duties and assignments lawfully given from time to time.
Minimum academic and professional qualifications required.
- A Bachelor of laws degree from a recognized institution.
- A postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya School of Law
- An advocate of the High Court
- A member of Law Society of Kenya with a current practicing certificate
- Accredited A.D.R practitioner will be an added advantage.
- A Certified Secretary & membership with ICS will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience.
- Successful candidates will be required to meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya by obtaining the necessary documentation.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for the above position should access more information on the job specifications and apply online by filling in the data form LEGAL OFFICER RECRUITMENT FORM.
The data form must be filled in full. Incomplete forms will be disqualified. In addition, applicants should upload the application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and relevant testimonials. The deadline for submission of all application is on or before 19th March 2021 by 5.00 pm. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.