Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the School
St Andrew’s School, Turi is highly respected in Kenya and regarded as one of the leading international schools in East Africa. Numbering 550 pupils, it comprises two semi-autonomous schools: a Preparatory School of circa 220 pupils between the ages of 3 and 13 and a Senior School of circa 330 pupils between the ages of 13 and 18. It is fully coeducational and the great majority are boarders. The School has an overtly Christian foundation and sees its overall aim as encouraging young men and women to ‘live and lead with integrity’.
St Andrew’s, Turi is seeking to appoint a Director Operations & Projects (DOP) who will provide strategic direction and leadership to the School’s operations and quality assurance in the deliver services across the whole School. Reporting to the Director, this position is responsible for the management and development of management procedures and methodologies to enable the School achieve it objectives on efficiency of service delivery. The role has a significant strategic element to it and the appointee will be expected to play a leading part in planning and implementation of all existing and future infrastructure plans/projects of the School. The DOP will be a member of the School’s most senior committee, the School Executive Committee (SEC), which is responsible for the overall direction and development of the School. The DOP will also be a member of the Senior Management Teams of both the Senior and Preparatory Schools, attending meetings where appropriate, and will work closely with the two Heads as well as the Director of Finance & Strategy. S/he will line manage, motivate and develop a team of six full and part-time staff. The DOP reports to the Director of St Andrew’s School who bears overall responsibility for the strategic development of the School as a whole and oversees the work of the two Heads who run their respective Schools. The appointment is seen as critical to the School’s success and the appointee will play a central role in the development and implementation of the School’s future development strategic plans and the Master Plan of the School.
The overarching responsibilities of the DOP include:
- Map out, analyse and manage the improvement and streamlining of key Operational Processes.
- Lead as the operations expert in automation of required processes.
- Spearhead the development, implementation, periodic testing, and continual improvement/simplification of the School’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Lead in planning and implementing infrastructure plans/projects (current & future) aimed at achieving cost efficiencies.
- Participate in the selection and the subsequent day to day management of the various outsourced service providers within the School including Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for all service providers within the Operations function.
- Advising the SEC and the Board of Governors about trends in the International School sector and contributing to the formulation of the School’s strategic plans
- Develop and implement operational policies and guidelines to inform operational activities in the School.
Person Specification Skills and Attributes
- Proactive, sound judgement combined with the highest standards of personal integrity, energy, stamina, enthusiasm and a sense of humour
- Ability to work dynamically and flexibly as part of a leadership team, to show initiative and imagination and the ability to inspire others
- The presence, intellect, tact and credibility to represent the School at all levels and to a variety of audiences, both internal and external
- Vision, creative flair and commercial acumen combined with the ability to operate at a strategic level
- Client focused and target driven
- High levels of discretion and confidentiality
- The ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload, to meet deadlines, and to work calmly under pressure
- Highly literate and numerate, excellent in the use of IT and in the development of operational systems
- High work standards evidenced by a consistently thorough detailed and organised approach.
Method of Application
Applications are encouraged as early as possible. These should be submitted by email to the HR Director at HRDirector@turimail.co.ke and include: a completed application form, a brief covering letter and a CV. Application forms are available on the School website, or from the HR Director.