Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To provide administrative support to the Professional Development and Outreach department on the Foundations for Learning (F4L) project, whose aim to provide sustainable quality education to educators in target area.
This five-year F4L project will contribute to sustainably improving learning outcomes, with a particular focus on literacy and numeracy for students in pre-primary and primary school levels in target areas of Eastern Africa, and to advance AKDN’s education sector programming in the region.
Duties & Responsibilities
Manage the overall administrative duties of the Professional Development and Outreach office by implementing and maintaining office systems, procedures and policies. The duties include but not exhaustive to:
- Manage external and internal communication and correspondence.
- Generate and compile reports and presentations as directed.
- Arrange and organize internal and external meetings and appointments for the HoPDC, and other project staff, including the meetings’ logistics.
- Manage travel and transport schedules for the HoPDC and the project staff.
- In liaison with the HoPDC, ensure the programme calendar is up-to-date and logistics for courses and workshops are organized in good time.
- Liaise with external agencies, stakeholders and associates such as the Ministry of Education and Head Teachers of Schools.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Department on the purchase of programme materials and equipment and maintain a supplies inventory.
- Coordinate with Project’s Accountant /Finance Departments on programming disbursements and vendor payments.
- Maintain accurate physical and electronic filing and record-keeping systems for efficient data retrieval.
- Ensure operation of all project and office equipment for work efficiency.
- Have the ability to work professionally with all levels of management, staff and external associates.
- Perform other duties as required, appropriate for the position.
- Manage the diary of the Head of Professional Development Center
Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or formal training in Office Administration, Business or a related field in education is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently and pro-actively to meet deadlines with a meticulous and with a hands-on, flexible approach.
- An understanding and appreciation of office etiquette, confidential issues and discretion.
- A strong ability to work with people to achieve good outcomes.
- Above all a strong customer service approach underpins all interactions and presentations.
Job Expires: 20-Mar-2021