Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to: Technically to Senior Logistics Officer and administratively to Regional Manager- Coast
The role is responsible for developing operational plan and budget for responsive distribution and transportation system to ensure timely delivery of materials, goods and supplies to designated Branches across the Region according to order specifications aimed at supporting programme implementation. Effective maintenance and repair of the Society’s fleet of motor vehicles and related machinery to ensure optimum utilization of motor vehicles. Responsible for investigating motor-vehicle accidents, providing estimates for repair and maintenance costs as well as following up with garages and insurance companies to ensure the availability of high quality motor-vehicle transport fleet.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and evaluate operational plan and budget for the acquisition, repair and maintenance of the Society’s fleet of motor-vehicles and related equipment in order to ensure efficiency and economy of operations.
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate transport fleet management policy on fleet utilisation, maintenance and repair to provide transportation of supplies including continuous improvement of safety and service quality
- Develop and implement adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous review of logistic operations
- Coordinate the implementation of a computerised transport fleet management information system aimed at maintaining motor-vehicle inventory as well as monitoring, tracking and controlling operating costs.
- Coordinate loading of materials, goods and supplies from the Regional warehousing and storage for distribution according to order specifications
- Coordinate deployment of motor-vehicle drivers to provide efficient and safe transportation as well as obtain optimum use of transport resources.
- Develop and implement a planned preventive and curative maintenance programme aimed at ensuring that the Society’s fleet of motor-vehicles are routinely maintained according to prescribed standards.
- Initiate investigations into causes of accidents in conjunction with traffic police, examine and inspect motor-vehicles to identify extent of damage, evaluate and estimate repair costs and recommending appropriate action
- Confer with traffic police and insurance companies to ensure proper documentation of accident reports and following up to establish the extent and implications of accident liability against the Society
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of motor-vehicles in authorised garages against approved requisitions. Also follow up to ensure that motor-vehicles are repaired to the highest standards of quality and within budget limitations
- Analyse monthly motor-vehicle returns and maintain a record on fuel and oil consumption, repairs and maintenance as well as accidents and safety.
- Participate in the performance evaluation exercise by monitoring and evaluating the performance of individual Drivers against defined targets and objectives.
- Assess training needs as well as implement on-the-job training programmes aimed at equipping Drivers with the necessary knowledge and skills to drive motor-vehicles safely and to undertake routine maintenance.
- Represent the Society at meetings, conferences and workshops and other forums to promote the activities of KRCS and articulate humanitarian relief issues
- Prepare concept papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports showing achievements of the Logistics unit against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent qualifications plus membership to a relevant professionally body in Transport Fleet Management
- Over three (3) years’ experience in logistics and transport management
- Principles, methods and techniques of optimizing transportation, distribution, maintenance and repair of motor vehicle fleet
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in maintenance, repairs and replacement.
- Knowledge of a computerized Fleet Management Information System.
- Considerable knowledge of safety practices and the mechanics of diesel and gas engine as well as sources for obtaining parts and supplies required
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and coordinate the timely repair of vehicles
- Proficiency in word processing, database, spreadsheet applications and computerised procurement and stores software packages
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 19th March 2021;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.