Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Program Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting and review processes. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for Senior Manager VAS, Africa to be based in Nairobi, Kenya or Dakar, Senegal
You will have a postgraduate degree in Human Nutrition, Public Health, or Child Health. At least 10 years’ experience in development project management. Experience with managing donor grants and relationships at country, regional and global levels. Demonstrated strong financial and contract/grant management. Experience working on emergency response projects is an added advantage. Strong written and spoken English and fluency in French is an asset.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Quality assuring and reviewing the work-plans and budgets to ensure high value for money and cost efficiency of NI support to countries.
- Overseeing and working closely with consultants and partners to develop detailed annual workplans for the project that clearly defines the activities and resources required for the implementation of the project; and updating it regularly to ensure the timely completion of project activities and achievement of the deliverables of the project.
- Ensuring strong financial management of all aspects of the VAS TA work in Africa.
- Liaising regularly with NI headquarters as needed to ensure good communication, and knowledge sharing to better inform TA delivery and Vitamin A COVID-19 emergency response programming.
- Ensuring timely updating of monitoring and tracking tools of progress against workplan and budget and good communication with VAS colleagues on contract progress, identification of risks and mitigation s, to support TA provision, timely and quality deliverables, and capacity building.
- Building strong relationships with and engaging regularly with senior government officials in target countries to ensure programming gaps and needs are clearly articulated and coordinated with partners’ support.
- Ensuring regular coordination meetings to ensure funding for VAS is being used cost-effectively during implementation.
- Supporting implementation of post event coverage surveys and identification of efficient course correction as needed.
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
This contract is up to two years with a possibility of extension subject to funds availability and other factors. Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Kenya or Senegal. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the attached Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.
To apply, click on this link APPLY before 23rd March,2021