Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES (MSF) – SOMALIA MISSION
MSF is an independent humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need. MSF Somalia mission is seeking a qualified person for the position below:
- Job Title: : CASHIER
- Work Location : Nairobi-Coordination
- Start date : Immediately
- Length of contract : Fixed term (1year) 100% with 3 to 6 months’ probation period.
Main Purpose: Performing cash transactions, verifying supporting documentation, and maintaining records according to MSF standards and local finance policies.
Other tasks include, but not limited to:
- Controlling and monitoring cash payments from the cashbox and coding and recording cash transactions in the daily cashbook or accounting system,
- Performing daily cash counts while investigating any discrepancies & carrying out transfer requests between cash and safe box.
- Checking the validity of invoices, approval signatories, and correctness of account codes
- Performing currency exchange operations and assisting with salary payments as required.
- Performing monthly reconciliations before closing the monthly accounts, managing bank reconciliations and monthly bank statements if applicable.
- Manage petty cash and advance issuing/settlement in coordination office.
- Process all, cheque, Bank and MPESA payments in coordination.
- Follow up on all advances and ensure they are settled within the week issued and report any unsettled advances to the Accountancy manager.
- Ensure all project payments have CTO’s duly signed by the PC and other approvers as per the authorization table.
- Essential: Diploma or professional qualification in accounting / finance / business administration.
- Essential: Minimum 1 year in accounting.
- Desirable: 2years experience with MSF or any similar NGO
- Essential: Fluency in English & Swahili
- Desirable: Fluency in Somali
- Essential: Computer Literacy (word, excel).
- Desirable: Unified software or any other similar accounting application.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Service oriented
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Cross-cultural Awareness
If you meet the above requirements, please email your CV & motivation letter as a single file by 25th March 2021 under the subject “CASHIER” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. (MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)