Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES – FRANCE MATHARE PROJECT
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to care health. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
- Job Title : Head Driver/Radio Operator
- Location : Mathare Project, Nairobi
- Start date : 1st April, 2021
- Length of contract : Three months’ probation period, renewable based on performance
Coordinate and control the operation of vehicles and drivers in one location according to traffic regulations and MSF security rules, utilize and maintain VHF radios, and ensure that the team of drivers perform properly their duties to ensure an adequate, efficient, and safe transport of goods and people.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
a) Fleet Management and Supervision
- Coordinate the team of drivers, ensuring their compliance with all rules and safety regulations, including the maintenance and service (based on MSF standards) of their assigned vehicles.
b) Ensure the proper maintenance of vehicles
- Coordinate with the Join Mechanics Workshop (JMW) to ensure bi-weekly checks, routine services, and any other body work required is done in a timely fashion. In addition, submit quarterly requests to the Supply Supervisor for consumables for vehicles (e.g., inner tire tubes), which are kept on site in Mathare.
- Report any problems with the vehicles (mechanical, accidents, etc) to your supervisor, as well as prepare weekly reports (Weekly Fleet Follow Up) on services, spare parts, and anything else relevant to each vehicle.
c) Manage vehicle bookings and movements
- With Log Manager and Log Supervisor (Base), schedule vehicle movement for the next week by the previous Friday, based on bookings and vehicle availability.
- Every Morning, update vehicle schedule whiteboard of movements in the Mathare office
- Monitor vehicle movement while communicating with each driver through VHF radio.
- Re-schedule vehicle movement to meet unplanned requirements and communicate changes to Log Manager and Log Supervisor (Base)
- Use the WebZon or ZonMax software to track all vehicles.
d) Radio Operation
- Operate the VHF and HF radios in order to ensure quality and confidential radio communications for the operational needs of the mission/projects, in accordance with the MSF security policy and rules.
- Perform 3x daily (morning, afternoon, and evening) check-ins (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) with all vehicles, recording the check in information into the log books. During times of high security, all movements will require manual recording.
- Report on any aspects that threatens or favours the program
- Abide by the MSF Staff regulations and MSF charter
- Maintain confidentiality
- Essential literacy required, driving license required, and Fleet Management Certificate preferred
- Minimum 2 years previous experience as a driver.
- Leadership and management experience required
- Experience with 4×4 vehicles preferred Languages
- Mission language and local language essential.
- Knowledge of basic mechanics preferred
- Strong Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook skills required.
- Working knowledge of VHF radios preferred
- Fleet Management Experience required.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are essential
- Good vision essential
- Availability to travel and stay outside base overnight
- Stress Management.
If you meet the above requirements, please email your CV & motivation letter as a single file by 23rd March, 2021 under the subject “Head Driver/Radio Operator – Mathare Project ” to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal opportunity Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee).