Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Job Title: Registered Nursing Officer –COVID 19 Activities-Locum Position
- Duty Station: Homa Bay
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
MSF France in Homa Bay is launching a locum pool recruitment for the position of a Registered Nursing Officer-COVID 19 Activities. The successful candidate will report to the IPC Manager.
Objective of the Position: The objective of this position is promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform quick triaging of patient’s and visitors presenting in the triage area and assuming responsibility for ensuring focused attention to patient’s conditions, history of traveling , contact with someone with signs and symptoms of Covid 19.
- Inform the team in case there is a suspected case and provide emergency nursing care if needed.
- Clinical management of patients suspected of Covid 19 in Homa Bay County Referral Hospital and other facilities.
- Offer high quality nursing care services to patient’s admitted in Covid 19 isolation room following approved protocols and procedures:
- Accurate and timely monitoring of vital signs, documentation using tools already in place and prompt reporting of abnormal vitals, appropriate nursing interventions for patient care.
- Following all Covid 19 MOH/MSF SOPs
- Completing concise reports/data collection as required including the compiling of adequate patient reports.
- Offer quality nursing care to Covid19 patients during referrals to treatment facilities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of a diploma in Nursing from an accredited nursing school
- Valid practicing license from the nursing council of Kenya
- Must have 1 year and above working experience in clinical nursing and management experience
- Must have experience managing patients in isolation
- Fluent in English and Swahili,
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented and meticulous in all aspects of work.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Able to work in strenuous condition with minimal supervision
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to email a motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file by 15 th March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention on the subject line “Registered Nursing Officer-COVID 19 Activities”. Or send your application to MSF France, Homa Bay P. O. Box 881 – 00403. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee. We will not reply to questions about the position. All necessary information can be found in this vacancy announcement.