Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MULTIMEDIA EDITOR – HR-MME-03-2021
Nation Media Group is an independent media house in East Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media, which attract and serve unparalleled audiences in Africa and the world.
The Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Multimedia Editor.
Reporting to the Managing Editor-Broadcast with matrix reporting to the Head of News, the Multimedia Editor will be responsible for the video content on Nation. Africa and act as the newsroom bridge between print, digital and broadcasting platforms. He or she is expected to ideate, generate, edit, upload and monitor content to enhance its digital presence and reach.
• Be the lead video expert in the main NMG newsroom including dealing with curated content and breaking news;
• Develop and implement an appropriate video strategy;
• Assign, process and distribute video content not just on digital platforms, but also on NTV and other NMG outlets;
• Ensure all videos from bureaus and other sources are edited and distributed as required;
• Ensure that social media accounts are populated with appropriate video content;
• Be the champion of video monetisation in the newsroom;
• Work with reporters, editors and writers to ensure video journalism meets high standards of story-telling, clarity, accuracy, quality, fairness, and balance, while avoiding problems of libel, defamation, and use infringement;
• Lead collaboration on projects with other NMG platforms, especially NTV, to make the best use of resources and ensure joint coverage to deliver the greatest editorial impact;
• Entrench creative spark and rigorous editorial quality to ensure that content connects through beautifully crafted storytelling;
• Develop consumer-targeted web content from concept to production;
• Maintain quality and consistency across media types and web platforms and drive increased traffic and brand visibility;
• Supervise contributors to ensure deadlines are met;
• Monitor and report on video presence and traffic;
• Ensure Digital output adheres stringently to all relevant NMG policies & standards;
• Foster an environment of productive employee relations and respond to and anticipate challenges from staff, audiences and other stakeholders;
• Participate in editorial meetings to present the daily and weekly video content plan;
• Interact weekly with other departments within the NMG to ensure joint coverage plans;
• Support a digital first approach to gathering, production and publication of content;
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Bachelor’s degree in communication or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• Seven (7) years of relevant experience; at least one of which must be digital experience;
• Must demonstrate professionalism & positive ability in work performance;
• High command of English and Kiswahili languages;
• Video and editing skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Strong planning & organizational skills;
• Ability to gather, write and edit news;
• Adept at making editorial judgements;
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
• Have an understanding of the media law;
• Must possess good research, interviewing and reporting skills;
• Ability to work with minimum supervision;
• Must possess high level of integrity;
• Membership to a registered professional body is desired;
• Having worked across various media platforms will be an added advantage
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at https://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ on or before March 26, 2021.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.