Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB REF: MPRM/NGOB3
Manager, Partnerships & Resource Mobilization
Job Title Manager, Partnerships & Resource Mobilization : JOB REF: MPRM/NGOB3 Grade NGOB 3
Department Research Policy &Strategy
Division Partnerships & Resource Mobilization
Section / Unit Partnerships & Resource Mobilization
Location / Work Station NAIROBI
Reports to Director Research, Policy & Strategy
Direct Reports Principal Partnership & Resource Mobilization Officer
Indirect Reports Senior Partnership & Resource Mobilization Officer
The role is responsible for initiating development of business partnerships, developing collaborations with development partners and Resource Mobilization for the Board in support of the Board’s mandate to support regulation of NGOs activities in Kenya.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
I. Policy/Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
1. Initiate development of business partnerships and develop collaborations with development partners for Resource Mobilization
2. Manage the development, implementation and reviewing resource mobilization policies, strategies and programmes;
3. Coordinate, mobilize resources to finance the programmes of Board;
4. Supervise proposal writing for funding of Boards programmes;
5. Coordinate meetings with development partners; and
6. Spearhead and monitor the implementation of donor funded projects.
1. Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
2. Establish strong partnerships and communication channels with relevant agencies/stakeholders;
3. Initiate partnerships with government agencies, county governments and other relevant stakeholders
4. Identify business growth opportunities;
5. Identify and map out potential areas of resource mobilization;
6. Initiate the process negotiations and signing of new funding agreements; and
7. Create awareness of the products available at Board through pamphlets, advertisements, publications etc
I. Financial Responsibility N/A
II. Responsibility for Physical Assets The role is responsible for Computers and records in the department
III. Decision Making / Job Influence
4. Operational decisions
IV. Working Conditions
1. Normal Office environment
2. Occasional field travels
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
1. Master Degree in any of Scheduled Sciences or in Communications, Marketing, Public
Relations, Business Development, Development Studies, International Relations, Public
Administration and Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized
2. Bachelor Degree in any of Scheduled Sciences or in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Development, Development Studies, International Relations, Public Administration and Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Leadership Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Member of a relevant professional body in good standing where applicable. Previous relevant work experience required.
- A minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work experience four (4) of which should have been at the level of managerial level
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
1. Communication skills,
2. Leadership skills,
3. Negotiation skills,
4. Problem-solving skills,
5. Analytical skills,
6. Supervisory skills,
7. Presentation skills
8. Proficiency in computer applications;
9. Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.