Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manager Research and Policy
The role is responsible for coordinating research & Policy activities at the Board for effective implementation of the Board’s mandate to ensure regulation & compliance by NGOs as well as NGO effectiveness & sustainability in Kenya.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
I. Policy/Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
1. Monitor and analyze national and international emerging trends in Technology Innovation;
2. Oversee development and keeping of statistics on NGOS, and advice government on the activities of NGOs and their role in development within Kenya;
3. Spearhead the development and implementation of the Board’s research and development policy;
4. Manage, plan and implement research programs of the Board;
5. Lead in Mobilization of research grants from relevant institutions;
6. Supervise collection of data, analysis and preparation of performance report of the Board’s services and programs on quarterly and annual basis;
7. Manage customer satisfaction, employee and work environment and corruption assessment
8. Oversee formulation & implementation of research policies, procedures, rules and
9. Ensure provision of quality planning assistance and analysis services to the Board;
10. Oversee analysis/assessment of various Government policies relevant to the Board mandate for adoption and compliance;
11. Coordinate the assessment of prioritize needs, opportunities and demands for planning interventions in the Board;
12. Guide the identification of innovative ideas through research which have practical significance to the Board’s mandate; and
13. Monitor the implementation of the division’s budgets.
14. Management of performance contracting activities of the Board.
II. Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
1. Prepare the operational work plans and budget for the department;
2. Prepare quarterly, biannual and annual implementation reports for the department; and
3. Generate planning reports on implementation of Strategic Plan, Performance Contract for the purpose of review by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
I. Financial Responsibility N/A
II. Responsibility for Physical Assets
The role is responsible for Computers and records assigned.
III. Decision Making / Job Influence
4. Operational decisions
IV. Working Conditions
1. Normal Office environment
2. Occasional field travels
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
1. Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Strategic Management relevant degree.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Strategic Management relevant degree.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
1. Leadership course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
2. Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
3. Member of a relevant professional body in good standing.
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least eight (10) years working experience, four (4) of which must have been at a managerial level
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
1. Communication skills,
2. Leadership skills,
3. Negotiation skills,
4. Problem-solving skills,
5. Analytical skills,
6. Supervisory skills,
7. Presentation skills
8. Proficiency in computer applications;
9. Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.