Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Driver JOB REF: SD/NGOB8 Grade NGOB 8
The role is responsible for ensuring that all vehicles are maintained in good order to ensure smooth mobility of employees of the Board.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
I. Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
II. Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
1. Drive the Board’s vehicles to transport staff or deliver goods as authorized;
2. Carry out minor mechanical adjustments;
3. Recognize and reporting mechanical defaults of the vehicles;
4. Ensure security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
5. Monitor and report expiry of insurance policies for motor vehicles;
6. Prepare and submit reports on transport when need arises; and
7. Ensure safety of passengers and/or goods therein.
I. Financial Responsibility
II. Responsibility for Physical Assets
Vehicle assigned to the role holder
III. Decision Making / Job Influence Operational
IV. Working Conditions
1. Normal Office Environment
2. Frequent field travels
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
1. Minimum KCSE C- (minus) or its equivalent
2. Certificate in a supervisory course from a recognized institution;
3. Certificate in Customer Care from a recognized institution; Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
1. A defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association of Kenya (AA) or its equivalent qualification from any other recognized institution;
2. A Certificate of Good Conduct (renewable after two (2) years);
3. A First Aid Certificate course from St. Johns Ambulance or any other recognized institution not more than one (1) year old;
4. Occupational Trade Test III Certificate;
5. A valid driving license free from any current endorsements(s) for classes of the vehicles the driver is required to drive;
Previous relevant work experience required.
Served in the grade of Driver for at least Eight (8) years;
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
1. Computer proficiency certificate;
2. An accident free driving period of 10 years.