Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Employment Status: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Senior Auditor
Manager Others: No
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to Senior Auditor the job holder will be responsible for conducting internal audit reviews from planning to reporting with minimal supervision.
He/she will also work closely with auditees to ensure audit recommendations arising from previous internal and external audits are promptly implemented.
They will monitor financial and operational metrics, and work with other departments to continuously improve business processes whilst ensuring best practices in internal control.
- Execute internal audit engagements as directed by the senior internal auditor.
- Document all audit working papers to the expected quality and ensure these are reviewed prior to sign off.
- Prepare audit reports to acceptable standards using set templates for review by the senior auditor at the completion of every audit assignment
- Engage auditees in following up the implementation of Internal and External Audit recommendations and provide inputs to the monthly status reports by the end of every month.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Prepare training material for trainings on Fraud and ABC policies and provide guidance on implementation of the same when consulted.
- Update the risk register with emerging risks reported from the audit team, with issues from internal and external audit reports to ensure the risk register is accurate and current at all times.
- To conduct snap checks on key high risk areas on a regular basis as directed by the senior auditor.
- To participate in fraud investigations to the required standards and provide actionable recommendations to the investigating lead.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- Degree from a from a reputable institution
- Accounting Qualification CPA (K) / ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years cumulative experience in either internal or external audit
- Above Average IT skills. CISA Qualification and/or relevant experience in IS Audits will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in data analysis, data reconciliation and data presentation Good Knowledge of general accounting principle and practices
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Highly motivated individual, creative, with proven ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner & to perform functions with accuracy.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
- Resilient and have the ability to represent and maintain a principled position in a sensitive situation
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deliver accurate results
- Uphold 100 % accuracy, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Conceptual thinker, ability to wade through data and arrive at conclusions
- Good organizational skills, proactive and self-drive for results
- Strong technical/operational skills
- Strong analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send updated CV to email@example.com with the job title ”Internal Audit Assistant” as the subject line not later than 19th March 2021.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.