Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The primary role of this position is the effective planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of Manufacturing Way and other change management initiatives, as well as to provide support to operational teams through the identification, development, coordination and,or implementation of improvement initiatives in support of the Business Strategy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Leads the WCM Change Management Process
• Plan, coordinate and evaluate the effective implementation of WCM through the creation of WCM Master Plans and the alignment of resources with plant leaders.
• Support and enhance WCM resource material such as Self Assessments and Work Instructions.
• Drive benchmarking and best practice sharing.
• Implement changes identified through new strategic initiatives.
2. Drives Loss and Waste Analysis
• Ensure loss data is recorded to standard through analysis and auditing.
• Evaluate improvement opportunities and focus areas for resources.
• Drive manufacturing flexibility through Change-Over reporting, optimisation, benchmarking and training of teams.
• Drive effective problem solving and ensures that problem solving tools are understood and used correctly.
• Facilitate the problem solving learning process.
3. Drives adherence to Divisional Standards
• Ensure that divisional standards have been adapted for plant specificity.
• Drive compliance to standards and ensures that best practices are entrenched through plant reviews ,audits.
• Identify and implement opportunities for improvement in current processes and practices.
• Facilitate and conduct Basic Work Practices and GEM assessments to ensure adherence to the required principles or practices.
4. Facilitates key Leader Training Programs
• Determine training needs and develops or obtains required training material.
• Actively involved in Capability Development Programmes facilitation and assessment, for example FLDP, TLDP, MCPL and UMDP.
• Train GEM Champions, task force Team Leaders and taskforce coordinators on WCM Work practices and assessment tools.
5. Coaching and Mentoring
• Coach, mentor and guide operational teams on the implementation of the Manufacturing Way and the adherence to its principles.
• Interact with operational teams to identify issues relating to the WCM,IMP process and assists them in evaluating process improvement opportunities.
• Drive the process of Operational Readiness when major new Capital Investments are executed.
Skills, Experience & Education
• Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Science or relevant equivalent qualification.
• Formal Training in WCM, TOT in SC WAYS and added advantage.
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Supply Chain environment and or HRD or Training related field including 3 years’ experience in implementing WCM related initiatives.
• Some experience in leading process improvement projects.
• Prior responsibility for a multi-shift production facility in FMCG advantageous quality, cost, reliability.
• Understanding of The Manufacturing Way , WCM ,Lean principles.
• Detailed knowledge of Manufacturing processes.
• A good understanding of the Change Management process and OD principles.
• Excellent MS Office skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – clear capability and credibility to influence at all levels.
• Good organizational abilities.
• Conceptual thinker and analytical mind.
• A self-starter with high energy level.
• Continuous Improvement mindset.
• Ability to apply problem solving skills at all levels and implement associated systems.
• Change Agent with a good understanding and experience in people and process change initiatives.
• Ability to initiate improvement activities.
• Ability to train and coach others.
Judgement and decision making
• Determining priority areas for WCM focus through Audits ,use of Assessment Tools
• Evaluation of performance and allocation of resources
• CAP and Capability Development Programme assessments
Closing Date: 2021/03/17